Funny story

Ziggy

Reaction score
I saw one of my deaf friends today at the local shopping center but couldn't communicate with him as I was carrying two cases of dog food. He smiled and waved Hi, but I was frustrated that I couldn't use my hands. :roll: Has anybody else had this happen?

Why not just smile and nod? Same thing as wave hi really.

Why not just smile and nod? Same thing as wave hi really.

Exactly what I did. I'm sure he reads lips, but I just found it frustrating as he was one of my ASL teachers. He smiled back and I'm sure he wasn't upset at all. And, maybe I learned how frustrating it is not being able to communicate.

Hmm yea I've seen that happen but not often. Have seen cases where if someone was carrying something they'd shift it to one arm and sign one handed.. or even just putting down on the ground and wave (nice break if it's a heavy item lol).

Jus smile an nod unless they blind they can see not possible

Jus smile an nod unless they blind they can see not possible

With the OP's hands being full, and the other person is blind, there'd be no salutations occuring.....:lol:

I'm still waiting for the funny part
I was just going to say, I havent really seen anything funny in this story unless the friend ran over and "Pants" them while holding all that stuff acting like they couldnt do anything....I know some people that would have.

Back