Funeral home offers drunk drivers a free burial

Brian

Reaction score
Funeral home offering free burial for those who plan to drink, drive on New Year’s Eve

A local funeral home is doing what it can to keep people from drinking and driving on New Year’s Eve.

Between now and noon on Thursday, drivers can visit McGuire, Jennings and Miller Funeral Home on North Broad Street and sign a contract stating they plan to drink or use drugs and drive on New Year’s Eve. If they are then killed in a wreck while operating a vehicle on Thursday, the funeral home will bury them for free.

Services they pledge to provide include a casket, grave space, limousine and preparation of remains.

Funeral home officials said the program, called “Operation Stop and Think” is designed to save lives by making people think before they act.

For more information call Barry Miller at 706-291-0073 or 706-295-2412.

I don't see how that can help. If I want to die on NYE, I'd be signing up for it!

Either it might scare some sober and/or its an advertising ploy....I think it is both.

How about this just plain and simple? DON'T drink and drive!

Lol. Nice to plan ahead for some folk. :roll:

I can't wait to see the results of this one..

Have a safe New Years guys and gals!! :ugh:

It makes me think of suicidal people using that plan to save money for their families. Since a lot of suicides feel guilty about what they are doing to their family, it would be a twisted way of making amends.

This is just plain loco. Why?

Something tells me this is more of a marketing ploy than a preventative scare tactic.

This topic definitely belongs where it is in the "Strange & Stupid News" forum. Very odd indeed.

Part of it seems insane and part of it actually makes you think... because when you drink or drive, you're essentially signing a death wish. If not for you, then for someone else.

But, I agree with Souggy. It sounds like they're using this as a marketing ploy.

Back