frustrated

I agree... Like not only did I drop a program that I loved..I'm now missing out on a great career and SO many opportunities that would have come with it. I don't mind staying in the bank because it's a good career too and I can progress in the bank and move up but I don't LOVE the bank unfortunately. Even the bank I struggle because I deal with customers face to face. I am going into a personal banking officer training where I deal with mortgages, credit, etc and I'll have to actually call customers and talk to people on the phone...I don't even use the phone :shock:...

The bank does, however, pay for adaptive technology so I can get an amplified phone or tty or vco phone or whatever .. I'm just seriously hoping I won't have to actually wait 3 years and/or win the lottery and just go to the states..if I lose any more hearing I'm up sh*t creak with out a paddle ...

I'm starting ASL but unfortunately most of the world doesn't use ASL.

That's what I found with BSL that altho I know it, no one else but my deaf friends can use it. 99% of the time I never use it. I come from a hearing family basically. Some of my extended family are deaf but they all live in Texas as both my parents are American.

Are you not going to go back to nursing then? I don't know how it works in Canada but when I did my sport course at university, at the time I also had a serious sport injury to the ankle so one part of the course I was not able to do but I could still past the course as the examiners allowed me not to do it. They used a certain word but can't think what it was.
Could your course do something like that with the BPs, more so coz you mostly use machines now.

That's good that the bank will bring in equipment that will help you. Mine bought in a FM system so when I deal with people, I place it on the table in front of them and it picks them up well.
I also have a lip speaker when there is training coz my training is on water so can't wear HAs.

That's what I found with BSL that altho I know it, no one else but my deaf friends can use it. 99% of the time I never use it. I come from a hearing family basically. Some of my extended family are deaf but they all live in Texas as both my parents are American.

Are you not going to go back to nursing then? I don't know how it works in Canada but when I did my sport course at university, at the time I also had a serious sport injury to the ankle so one part of the course I was not able to do but I could still past the course as the examiners allowed me not to do it. They used a certain word but can't think what it was.
Could your course do something like that with the BPs, more so coz you mostly use machines now.

That's good that the bank will bring in equipment that will help you. Mine bought in a FM system so when I deal with people, I place it on the table in front of them and it picks them up well.
I also have a lip speaker when there is training coz my training is on water so can't wear HAs.

No probably not going back to nursing unless I can get implanted. Even though people usually use the machine you have to be able to manually do it or you can't pass and they won't make an exception either ...the school was being real big a-holes about it. And it wasn't just BP it's auscultation on the whole so lung sounds, heart sounds, bowel sounds, etc :( Deaf nursing students in the states get way more support from the schools than they do here..my head of the program had told me I shouldn't even be in the program since I'm deaf...:roll:

No probably not going back to nursing unless I can get implanted. Even though people usually use the machine you have to be able to manually do it or you can't pass and they won't make an exception either ...the school was being real big a-holes about it. And it wasn't just BP it's auscultation on the whole so lung sounds, heart sounds, bowel sounds, etc :( Deaf nursing students in the states get way more support from the schools than they do here..my head of the program had told me I shouldn't even be in the program since I'm deaf...:roll:

That's really bad that they actually said you shouldn't even be on the course, that's just plain wrong!
Do hope you get implanted soon, did your mum ring up and ask about cancellations?

What about anything else medical? Such as X-ray Technician. I know of a gal from here (So. Illinois) that took her first training through the local community college (Kaskaskia College) and then went on and took additional training while working to go into nucular (sp - I am feeling lazy about looking that spelling up). Might some of your basic courses even transfer?

What about anything else medical? Such as X-ray Technician. I know of a gal from here (So. Illinois) that took her first training through the local community college (Kaskaskia College) and then went on and took additional training while working to go into nucular (sp - I am feeling lazy about looking that spelling up). Might some of your basic courses even transfer?

Only a few would transfer but at this point I'm up to my ears in student loans and don't want to add anymore programs on there. All the courses through the bank are paid for by the bank

Aside -Sick Kids/Toronto has "different criteria" re Implantations. I have no direct personal information on them.

As I understand: Ottawa and London use exactly the same criteria as Sunnybrook/Toronto.

A further note: As I understand -my entire Cochlear Implant operation/Doctors' fees/Hospital care/audi services before & after was $55,000.00 CDN.- Five years ago. It is insure for 3 years. After that time-it becomes your responsibility on how/what to insure.

Sunnybrook quoted me a 9 to 10 month wait during my first appointment in late September. So it is a lot better here in Toronto. I was fairly disappointed about that wait time when they told me. I had met a recent patient at an ASL meetup here in Toronto who only waited 5 months earlier in this year so I was hoping for something a little better. The audiologist said that they will receive additional funding from the government to clear up the wait list soon. She had no idea when this funding would arrive and how it would affect me. Hopefully, Ottawa will receive more funding, too.

Wait times cut for people seeking cochlear implants | CTV Toronto News

Says here they are cutting waiting times in Canada. Is this your area of Canda?
Yes it is expensive costly on spending, governement
it is pretty costly on highly on increase to worst

also child and adult!

recieve to people want to worst to Canada! I doubt to, They will cut to implentation Canada rule! I thinks so possible, Serious! that is too many expensive costly on surgery and implant , also surgery! I learn it surprised find out Canada!

Shame you live in ottawa which is not actually canadian being that it is french run. Move close. To drphil, side benifit would be him teaching you to swim

Shame you live in ottawa which is not actually canadian being that it is french run. Move close. To drphil, side benifit would be him teaching you to swim

mm I can swim quite well thank you, and um I live in ottawa not quebec...huge difference

Ottawa is in Ontario. It is also the capital city of Canada.
I can only assume the longer wait time re consideration for Implantation is that one is in the Profound category with "some/lesser" amount of hearing with their aid.

As I have mentioned before I am bilateral DEAF- thus "processed quicker'. Whether there are more people being considered now VS 2007-unknown to me personally.

Aside: I knew at the end of the audiologist's discussion/review that I was suitable for an Implant-subject to the various physical tests.

Back