Frustrated with IP relay number

vanglak

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I desperately need help and is frustrated with today's technology. And I'm only 22. Well here's my story.

I'm completely new to blackberry which I bought a few days ago. I have unlimited text and web. I have AIM. Yep, exactly. I'm having problems with IP relay since day one. Day one is when they required us to register with any ip relay services.

I registered i711 and got a new number but when I test called- there was no ringing.

So I tried sprintip.com and got a number there.

Tried myiprelay/SprintIP on AIM. I added as SprintIP but it somehow changes to myiprelay. I entered the numbers I registered. None of them worked. The automated message found no 'records'. and told me to register a IP relay number on www.IP-RELAY.com/myiprelaynumber_info.html to sign up. But that site doesn't work.

So I'm frickin' confused about the whole damn system. Which company i registered. What is my ip-relay number.

I just want a way for my hearing mom to contact me via blackberry with her phone. Not necessarily through AIM since I have unlimited web. How do I do that without all the hassle? Please help. Thanks in advance. I'd be appreciative of any suggestions/advices. Sincerely, Monica

come on! Get connected!

go to Sorenson IP Relay

I am not sure which model Blackberry you got.

You got Sorenson Videophone VP-200? If not, go ahead apply and there is no obligation on your part and the best part is that it is F R E E. How to apply for free Sorenson Videophone VP-200 visit Sorenson VRS®

Get connected! If you really need technical support or customer service, Sorenson representative is there to help you, believe it or not most of them are Deaf representatives which speaks ASL.

Can PM me if you need assistance. :)

DHB

I assume this is the IP Relay you were referring to:

My IP Relay.com

You should be able to register for a number there. There are various web relays like Sprint IP, etc., and as far as I know of (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) you have to have a different number for each. So if you were trying to use IP Relay through AOL (which is what I use) you need to register directly with them at the link above. I hope this was of some help. I've used the IP Relay site above for years and love it.

(And, because it gets converted to text/email, it will come right to your blackberry as mine does.)

Last edited:
If your mom can send text messages from her phone then that is the only way, other than email. Using AIM will work if you get the number successfully registered. I've found that SMS texting is better though.

I'm not sure the link I provided in my earlier post was correct - I'm not sure it goes to the same site I had in mind once you sign in. In any case, it should be:

IP-Relay.com

Back