frustrated with hearing aids

budgiebre

Reaction score
I have been a hearing aid wearer for almost 15 years .. I have a severe mixed loss ( using unitron lattitude 8) .. anyway up until recently I could hearing the people I was talking to face to face ...now I hear nothing from the people in front of me but everything in the background noise ... soo frustrating at the dinner table.

Hi Naida UP .. I don't actually know if my hearing has gotten worse .. I havent had an audiogram in almost two years . I do know hearing people/combined with lip reading I'm not as accurate as I used to be ... A man I work with has said that he feels like he has said everything 2-3 times this school year ( he's not complaining) That probBLY doesn't answer your question. I have been to the audiologist for adjustments a little while ago she didnt seem concerned.

I would ask for another hearing test. 2 years is a long time and if you feel you are not coping as well, then I would start with another hearing test. If your test is the same, then at least you know it's nothing to do with your hearing getting worse and you need to concentrate on other things, like fine adjustments etc.

For me, one day I could understand my sister but on another day, have to ask her to repeat herself 3 or 4 times. I find other people don't always speak as well some days.

How old are your current hearing aids? That could be an issue as well. I'd call your ENT's office and get in for a check up and new hearing test and then they can check your aids to see if they are working properly.

Back