friendship advice needed.

A lot of times when you go to "that one friend" constantly, it can start to come off as "poor me" just to let you know. I have had a couple of people that have come to me for advice but when they do it over and over and over and over again you take on their burden and it seems to be all about them them them them! It gets incredibly annoying and overwhelming. That might be what your friend is feeling. You can only listen to so much blah blah especially about the same thing before you want to explode. ( Again, I've been in your friends position ) I would definitely listen to the suggestions here and seek a school therapist or someone in that area to assist you with your venting.

Now that you explained it in that way it makes more sense. Now i'm beginning of feel bad about it. But I mean I felt like she could understand my situation with my parents because she's been in almost the same situation with me. And I mean, I might just leave her alone for a couple of weeks. When I was VPing with my boyfriend tonight, He was in her room and I felt really nervous when he said that because I knew she would probably be watching me with what I was saying so I was nervous tonight while i was talking to him. Normally when I VP with my boyfriend she would pop in the video from time to time because we were good friends but today she did not do that. I'm not trying to assume things but I just have this weird feeling in my stomach about this situation

Now that you explained it in that way it makes more sense. Now i'm beginning of feel bad about it. But I mean I felt like she could understand my situation with my parents because she's been in almost the same situation with me. And I mean, I might just leave her alone for a couple of weeks. When I was VPing with my boyfriend tonight, He was in her room and I felt really nervous when he said that because I knew she would probably be watching me with what I was saying so I was nervous tonight while i was talking to him. Normally when I VP with my boyfriend she would pop in the video from time to time because we were good friends but today she did not do that. I'm not trying to assume things but I just have this weird feeling in my stomach about this situation

She probably just needs time like I did to cool off. Next time you attempt to talk with her don't bring up anything to do with any sort of drama... including your parents. I know a few friends of mine used me to talk to because I could relate to them on the topic but what it really did was dig up old memories about my situation that p***ed me off again! I got through mine and I didn't want to hear constantly every single day about their same situation I was finally done with mine. Again, I'm a good listener and love to try to help and what not... but I do not like drama or BS of any kind... hearing about the same things over and over and over were beyond irritating. Once in a while or so is tolerable, all the time is just irritating.

I wasn't trying to do the "poor me" thing, I was just really frustrated with my parents because they put me in a situation where I feel like I have no choice and making my choices limited. And They make me feel frustrated and at that point i need to talk to someone to vent out. Not to complain or get sympathy but to just have someone listen. They don't have to give me advice but just to listen. But i guess in this case she thinks she has to give me advice.

I'm sorry, but I was not speaking about you. I was expressing the feelings I am dealing with. I would never speak of someone I do not know.

I wish you all the best. If you want an adult to talk to you can pm me. I've been told I am a good listener and give great advice, my kids included.

Ditto on mewtilation, jiro, and Angel1989 it gets freaking annoying if your "friend" keeps whining and never even asks how are you doing or show any interest in you. That's known as a one-sided friendship and doesn't really last at all; the giver eventually runs out and gives up.

Did you ever at least ask your friend, "How are things with you?" or show some kind of interest in what she's up to? If no, then that's not a good sign at all.

If you're just needing an outlet to vent and not necessarily trying to solve problems; this might sound crazy but try to break something so that you can release your frustration and anger. For example, throw a glass bottle, break a chair, etc... And of course, don't hurt anyone in the process.

Good luck, and you can only get better from this experience!

Try to find deaf psychologist or maybe there are deaf people in college not far from you who are into Psychology field. Try them. I don't know if you were more oral or ASL user, but maybe it would help to talk to a deaf or HOH psychologist. There may be one in your area.

I really don't think the OP need to see a psychologist that would cost a lot more money too if she has to pay out of her pocket . Why do some people think someone has to run a to see a psychologist every time they get stress out? No wonder there are so many people getting hooked on drugs today.

I really don't think the OP need to see a psychologist that would cost a lot more money too if she has to pay out of her pocket . Why do some people think someone has to run a to see a psychologist every time they get stress out? No wonder there are so many people getting hooked on drugs today.

yes. it's a common mistake that many people always give - "why don't you see a psychologist?"

psychologist is a last resort. it's expensive and it's a serious issue when all options have failed to the point where you need a prescription medication to function normally. in short - you're a basket case. a therapist does not have a license to prescribe.

so it's best to seek a therapist first.

Back