Free DVD Players for Macintosh?

Roca

Reaction score
I have a Mac Mini 2007 edition running OS-X 10.6.7.

The DVD player that came with it sucks;doesn't always show closed captioning.

I tried VLC Player which is ok.

Are there other free DVD players for Mac out there that caption well? Thanks!

(This is resubmit of earlier post from yesterday that didn't show.)

Apple DVD player does support CC and look up in their setting.

Yes,Foxrac,Mac's DVD player does show CC,but not all the time.

If I record from my standalone DVD player (Toshiba) a tv program,and play the disk in the computer,the captions will not show up.(Even if I select for CC.) But if I play movies,I have captions.

Roca

I have a Mac Mini 2007 edition running OS-X 10.6.7.

The DVD player that came with it sucks;doesn't always show closed captioning.

I tried VLC Player which is ok.

Are there other free DVD players for Mac out there that caption well? Thanks!

(This is resubmit of earlier post from yesterday that didn't show.)

I have Mac Mini for almost four years and I don't see any problem with dvd player's CC so far. Nothing to wrong with app. It's dvd movie as itself. Some of them do not have CC. So enable subtitle or SDH (Subtitles for the deaf) under dvd movie's menu.

If I record from my standalone DVD player (Toshiba) a tv program,and play the disk in the computer,the captions will not show up.(Even if I select for CC.) But if I play movies,I have captions.

Roca

Ok, I don't watch DVD anymore so I prefer to watch movie in Xvid/DivX with subtitles on VLC player.

Roca

Sounds like software incompability with displaying captions from a recorded DVD on a DVD player app. Not sure exactly why, sorry. I know for sure it displays captions just fine with regular DVD movies.

Back