For those who needed HA's later..

I think it's just my nerves talking. I'm a natural worrier. I think I'll make a big list of all my issues so I have them when I go so I don't forget to talk about anything. That's worked for me in the past with other things.

I just wish it would be here sooner so I can just know if they would help me. I know it won't be like I'm accustomed to or what I used to hear but now that I know they might help me, I'm impatient to see if they will.

Some audiologists will try to slap you into the first set of HAs they can or try and force you into believing you don't need any - my first one did, especially for my right ear since it has a mild loss.

While you still have a month...use that list. I always try and write down concerns, questions, etc. That is how I found myself a good audiologist that works between him and my ENT. :)

Alright, appointment is in 2 days. I have a list of my issues ready to go. I'm a little antsy but I don't think I'm full-blown nervous about how this will go yet. I'm sure I'll be a mess tomorrow night though. Any last minute advice? Wish me luck!

Alright, appointment is in 2 days. I have a list of my issues ready to go. I'm a little antsy but I don't think I'm full-blown nervous about how this will go yet. I'm sure I'll be a mess tomorrow night though. Any last minute advice? Wish me luck!

Good luck

:sadwave:
Just got back. Very frustrated.

My loss is equal straight across the chart. It lays *on* the normal/mild line so Audi says I don't have enough of a loss to do anything with. (Then why the hell am I missing so much???) Referring me to another person for processing tests that they don't do in his office.

I asked him if there was anything that might help and he basically told me that there isn't.

Fighting back tears of frustration and shoveling Fritos into my mouth.(I love comfort food.) Not feeling very happy right now.

:sadwave:
Just got back. Very frustrated.

My loss is equal straight across the chart. It lays *on* the normal/mild line so Audi says I don't have enough of a loss to do anything with. (Then why the hell am I missing so much???) Referring me to another person for processing tests that they don't do in his office.

I asked him if there was anything that might help and he basically told me that there isn't.

Fighting back tears of frustration and shoveling Fritos into my mouth.(I love comfort food.) Not feeling very happy right now.

Maybe you have an auditory processing disorder, not actual hearing loss, or much anyway. Or maybe you're some flavor of hypochondriac, you're exposure to ASL classes makes you want to be deaf like us?? But, I'm going to go with probable processing problems.

Ehh...not a hypochondriac. Just frustrated. I wasn't even going to go back for my follow up until i was told to by someone else. I thought i might get some answers about why I'm so lost. I let my hopes get too high and I'm disappointed. Going to look into the processing tests and see how much it will cost. I've been told that it usually isn't covered by insurance . Ugh.

Ehh...not a hypochondriac. Just frustrated. I wasn't even going to go back for my follow up until i was told to by someone else. I thought i might get some answers about why I'm so lost. I let my hopes get too high and I'm disappointed. Going to look into the processing tests and see how much it will cost. I've been told that it usually isn't covered by insurance . Ugh.

That sucks. I was just razzing you btw ;) Seriously though considering your audiogram isn't reflecting your difficulties I'm surprised your audi didn't recommend looking into APD. Wait what am I saying....I'm pretty sure my audi is a lazy asshat....I need to find a new one.

I caught it. :P

Yeah, he's sending me to check that out. Only did a little research before my post-appointment nap (they always tire me out!) Then I has to drive up to work. I'll look into it while I wrap silverware later. (I'm a waitress.)

With a slight mild loss (if this is the right term), it would be hard to fit hearing aids or the audi is being lazy. Or it is APD.

I have mild loss in my left ear but it is actually a mild loss...not bordering between normal and mild. I know it's frustrating. I hate having my mid-frequency loss because it's hard to fit hearing aids appropriately even for my moderate to severe in my right ear. I believe my right ear may have started to slope down into a low-frequency loss, but yeah, your appointment is reminding me of mine coming up in a month or so. The joys of going to audiologist and then saying, "We can't help you very well. Let me refer you to...so and so..."

Thank goodness for my ENT.

With a slight mild loss (if this is the right term), it would be hard to fit hearing aids or the audi is being lazy. Or it is APD.

I have mild loss in my left ear but it is actually a mild loss...not bordering between normal and mild. I know it's frustrating. I hate having my mid-frequency loss because it's hard to fit hearing aids appropriately even for my moderate to severe in my right ear. I believe my right ear may have started to slope down into a low-frequency loss, but yeah, your appointment is reminding me of mine coming up in a month or so. The joys of going to audiologist and then saying, "We can't help you very well. Let me refer you to...so and so..."

Thank goodness for my ENT.

Yeah, I didn't know what to call it. It's *on* the line. It definitely doesn't act like "normal" hearing so I'm not sure I'm comfortable calling it that...but it could be much less...so I just went with his "its slightly mild..." description. I guess that's about right...or something.

(Am I making any sense to anyone? What a headache...)

Good luck at your appointment! I hope yours is less frustrating/confusing than mine was! @_@

Back