Florida's Gay Adoption ban upheld

TTT said:
They wouldn't allow deaf people to adopt.
Am I right?

I don't understand why gay people
want to go through all of this...

There are so many bigots out there.

A woman who worked at the Paris airport,
she wouldn't let me be on the plane...

Asking me questions such as do I need assistant...
She thinks I am blind or incompetence. Like I am
not suppose to be on the plane by myself. I got fed up.
That woman is beautiful... though... I can't believe
she is sooo stupid. I can walk to the plane by myself.

UGH!!!! She was embarrassing me.

Yeah it is awful the way people treat gay people as if they are
incompetence. One part of me think yeah gay people should adopt...
other part of me think noooo.

Okay, TTT, so you're ambivalent? Ambivalence is fine. At least, that shows you don't totally reject the idea of gays adopting children. See, it is my hope that I get enough people thinking about the issue, and just maybe, I'll make people mad enough to want to overturn it.

:pissed: I think this is sick. Why did the state of florida have to ban gay adoptions? Just one more loving family the child was taken away from, this is stupid. People these days are so discriminatetory. But why? Why do people have to hate? Say a child is living with biological parents and they stink, they abuse him and such, but then the kid get adopted by a gay couple and the gay couple loves the child with all their hearts. The only thing that matters in raising a child is love. Just one more loving family the state of Florida is taking away from these children.

Cheri said:
:wave: I used to go to AOL Chat room. :Oops:

LOL I did too, Cheri. Spent my life in them, actually. For the most part, they are full of immature people. But, I have to mention, I met "one of our very own", in an AOL chat room nearly four years ago....

*waves to Malfoyish* :wave:

Okay, now back to topic.... lol

JesKlu said:
:pissed: I think this is sick. Why did the state of florida have to ban gay adoptions? Just one more loving family the child was taken away from, this is stupid. People these days are so discriminatetory. But why? Why do people have to hate? Say a child is living with biological parents and they stink, they abuse him and such, but then the kid get adopted by a gay couple and the gay couple loves the child with all their hearts. The only thing that matters in raising a child is love. Just one more loving family the state of Florida is taking away from these children.

I know, Jesklu!! This it what has me so steamed, too. :pissed: :rl: :rifle:

Yeah, I'm pretty angry about it! :lol:

I've been thinking, and I've asked myself this question ... "What is going to stop Florida from telling other people what they can and can't do?" For example, telling people who are disabled they can't adopt.

I'd have to check facts for accuracy, but atitudes like this has been going on for many years. They used to sterilize retarded women to prevent pregnancy *because they were deemed deficient*. It was the LAW! That was in the 20s and 30s, I believe. Here it is 2005, and we STILL are dealing with the SAME atitudes, but with a different issue.

As much as we'd like to think "times have changed". They haven't. Well, maybe, the TIME has changed, but unfortunately, I don't think people have.

It's :(

Back