first holiday....

steph9700

Reaction score
this will be my first holiday without any of my family,,, I only have my in-laws, my husband, and our two dogs so it will be different but in a lot of ways it will be better. Tony's family lives in England so we don't get to see any of them but at least they all stay in touch and are good to us so I don't feel alone just a little sad. The first of anything is hard but you live and learn and I have learned and now plan on living, wish me luck you guys and if I don't log on or write again till after Christmas then happy holidays to everyone and hope you have a good beginning to the new year, thanks all of you for all the kind words you said to me and support you gave me throughout this horrid year, you don't realize how much it helped. In good news we have officially got moved down to Fultondale so I am a lot closer to the Dr.'s office for my regular stuff and I have found a good Dr. for my hearing issues. When my dad passed away he left his hearing aids behind that are behind the ear and only a year old now with all the newest technology and they are phonacs so the good Dr. at UAB are going to give me new ear molds to put on them and program them to my loss so I get better hearing come January 9th. Our new neighbor here is so awesome, she is 83 years old and smokes like a freight train and she has the biggest crush on my hubby's tush! He and I both think it is funny! She tells me all the time she doesn't want him that she got rid of hers almost 3 years ago she just likes looking at him, she is so funny! She is a good friend and we are good company with each other, helps both of us from being cooped up by ourselves so I'm all for it. anyway, happy holidays everyone and will see you soon!​

I am so glad that you are here to talk to us about your first holiday this year. You have gone through much trauma with your family members that cause them to be sick. I have been thinking about you every now and then. You are special to me and hope you have settle down in your new environment, Fultondale. I wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I am glad you are trying to recover and live your life to the fullest. Right on, Steph! :thumb:

Aww, Wish you the best luck! Don't be sad...we AD'ers are the part of your family. That's good, keep your neighbor company that way you are not alone. :) That's wonderful news that you are getting new hearing aids and keep in touch with your doctor for your health issues and etc. Think positive for new year of 2009. :)

Merry Christmas
&
Happy Holidays!!

STeph it wonderful to finally hear from yu and glad to hear all is starting to come slowly right for u in a small way and yes the first christmas is always the hardest but remmy they are still there in spirit. Hope u have a wonderful Christmas and a great new year too and enjoy the breaks while it last. Hope all goes well with ur moving and settling in soon. Take care.

Take a easy.

i have several times that i didnt celebrate holidays with my family while i was away too. No, im not army or whatever [even i wish to be but].
I've been away because of traveling and sports.

Take a easy.

i have several times that i didn't celebrate holidays with my family while i was away too. No, im not army or whatever [even i wish to be but].
I've been away because of traveling and sports.

I was away from my family due to travel on holidays in 8 different years in my life, this year I can only celebrate the fact I am alive, all my blood related family is dead, my brother killed himself in September of 1996, mom killed herself in march this year, and my dad had a brain aneurysm in June and died in my arms after i made the the choice to take him off life support, I have my husband our two dogs and his family but no one blood related, sort of sucks but is good too, I am able to be my own person and do what I feel is best for my husband, "our kids", and me....:aw:

spend it well with your husband and kids. Spend with them during holidays and keep it cherish. I know it is tough.

i have several stories that i have been through. i've move on and bring them in my memories.

Yeah Steph... the first Christmas without your parents will be hard enough but I am sure they will want ya to celebrate life to the fullest and ya have your own family as well... do spend time with your family and just enjoy the company...

THat old lady ya have as your neighbor, she sounds like a funny soul.... and smart eh? She would surely be good company for sure when ya need it...

Back