Financial Problem for school

H.o.H_Angel

Reaction score
I'm about 7 classes away from graduating and now I'm not even sure I'll be able to graduate because I can't pay for my books. I'm in two programs at school, but because budget cuts the program isn't helping with books. The scholarships are really hard to get and the only way you can get a loan is if you get financial aid which I don't get because I don't qualify. Any suggestion what I should do? Some classes have a book on reserve in the library, but you can only check it out for an hour and they charge you for printing. I've already sold my old books and a lot of my possessions just so I have money to pay for one class this summer.

I'm about 7 classes away from graduating and now I'm not even sure I'll be able to graduate because I can't pay for my books. I'm in two programs at school, but because budget cuts the program isn't helping with books. The scholarships are really hard to get and the only way you can get a loan is if you get financial aid which I don't get because I don't qualify. Any suggestion what I should do? Some classes have a book on reserve in the library, but you can only check it out for an hour and they charge you for printing. I've already sold my old books and a lot of my possessions just so I have money to pay for one class this summer.

Most schools have used books or students will sell their books after they are done with the class because they need money. I would try those two resources first. You can also try to write the publisher a sob story to see if they would give you them. Finally, if you do research, there are private things around that can help with things like this. In my town, they have a scholarship fund so the town may have money for things like books, check with your town office.

Maybe post on wall of your college hallway or coffee shop across street. I would save on the SOB story. Write----"I'm looking to buy those textbooks for this coming semester. Listing below---call me". I get students who buys bike from me and then sell it to fellow students when done. Same can be done with books. Try it.

credit card.

Do an ISBN search abebooks.com, it like used book classifieds from all different sellers (stores, students, +..) Cheapest place i found for text books!!

Hmm, Thanks everyone. I've already tried a lot of this, but I'll try going back to the school and seeing what I can do to get them.

Back