Filmmaker

michaelmiz

Reaction score
Hello,
I am a student Filmmaker currently working on my junior production. The main character is a deaf spy. I was hoping someone could help me out and give me some ideas of how a deaf person might use their heightened senses to help them navigate through an apartment in which they where trying to gather information from. Thank you!

I can't speak for everyone, but it's a misconception that deaf people have "heightened senses". One just refuses to cooperate with us. :lol:

That being said, many of us depend on our eyesight. Surely you can navigate an apartment without hearing, right?

Try this trick (and I mean this seriously): close off your hearing (earplugs, cotton, etc.) and walk through an unfamiliar place. Take note of what you are and are not doing. Does your head tend to swivel more to catch everything in (those who work ground control with airplanes can't hear much with those mufflers, but their head is constantly moving so they're aware of everything)? Do you move closer to things to see more detail?

Navigating isn't an issue with the deaf. We use our eyes just like the hearing would. ;)

Back