File a suit against Sorenson VRS .. Help?

Yeah. I had lot problem with my RCA modem from Mediacom before. So I replaced RCA with new Motorola. Motorola is much better and more stable.

Interesting. I had RCA modem through now-defunct Prestige/Adelphia for years and never had problem with them.

I am currently using Scientific Atlanta modem through Charter. It seems to be working just fine. :shrug:

I used to have RCA modem from Comcast, didn't have any problems and until I relocated to another place. The modem had constant cut offs, had technician came over, inspected the modem, and exchanged to a new Motorola for faster and reliable modem. Didn't solve the cut offs, got a new cable wire installed for the house, found the old cable wire had a cut on it. Now internet cable works great!

Here's Motorola modem:

142550-Motorola-S5101_b.jpg

I agree that Sorenson has a very long "repair or checking out time"

Problem is that there been toooo many false issues that is ACTUALLY a Sorenson hardware issue. Many of the deaf/HOH wants Sorenson to magically fix the problems that is NOT related to thier hardware. This goes for PURPLE, CSDVRS, and others.

Just because Sorenson has over 80% of the VRS market, its easy to blame them for the problems they are having. If purple or other VRS have the same percentage of problems that Sorenson is having but serve less then 20 percent of the deaf/HOH market, then the problems doesnt seem to be amplified as much. make sense ?

What we really need is to have more knowledge and ability to fix things ourselves. It would be nice to have a backup VP as well for every vp user!!

I used to have RCA modem from Comcast, didn't have any problems and until I relocated to another place. The modem had constant cut offs, had technician came over, inspected the modem, and exchanged to a new Motorola for faster and reliable modem. Didn't solve the cut offs, got a new cable wire installed for the house, found the old cable wire had a cut on it. Now internet cable works great!

Here's Motorola modem:

142550-Motorola-S5101_b.jpg

No...

Here Cisco modem box

close-up-of_cisco_d3_weblarge.jpg

Update....

Comcast man was here and fixed... All computer, VP, modem and cable TV are working!!

but unfortunate that VP is open but I can see myself video and I cannot see someone's video.... it is black! so Sorenson said that Sorenson router is not good! so They will e.mail me when the man will coming my house soon! :)

Update....

Comcast man was here and fixed... All computer, VP, modem and cable TV are working!!

but unfortunate that VP is open but I can see myself video and I cannot see someone's video.... it is black! so Sorenson said that Sorenson router is not good! so They will e.mail me when the man will coming my house soon! :)

Awesome! the internet is now working. step one to getting VP fixed. now step two is you just need to log in the router and open all ports to your VP ip address(DMZ, the easiest way) or use port forwarding. you can email Sorenson your current modem and router info and ask for instructions how to setup the router instead of waiting for sorenson to show up to get rid of black screen due to your firewall settings on your router.

I DONT BELEIVE ROUTER IS BAD!!!!!!! why don't you try resetting the router? use a paperclip in the back of the router and press and hold for 10 sec with power on. reboot the vp after you are done.

Awesome! the internet is now working. step one to getting VP fixed. now step two is you just need to log in the router and open all ports to your VP ip address(DMZ, the easiest way) or use port forwarding. you can email Sorenson your current modem and router info and ask for instructions how to setup the router instead of waiting for sorenson to show up to get rid of black screen due to your firewall settings on your router.

I DONT BELEIVE ROUTER IS BAD!!!!!!! why don't you try resetting the router? use a paperclip in the back of the router and press and hold for 10 sec with power on. reboot the vp after you are done.

Radioman, tell to add 192.168.0.125 on DMZ setting after resetting.

Interesting. I had RCA modem through now-defunct Prestige/Adelphia for years and never had problem with them.

I am currently using Scientific Atlanta modem through Charter. It seems to be working just fine. :shrug:

Depend how far where you live.

RCA is good for short distance and Motorola is good for long distance. I live far away from ISP company that's why RCA is junk.

Update....

click on settings on VP 200, access code 5236, then check on DCHP to pick up IP address. then wait, then click on settings again, use access code again, then remove check on DCHP. Change IP address, 192.168.0.125. It should be working.

Im not 100% sure however I do recall Cisco bought out Webstar/scientific Atlantic , if you notice the model number, first three letters match what would show on Scientific Atlantic. Yep, that is new model, perhaps redesigned from Webstar/SA.

I hope Cisco improved their product when it comes to Video-streaming.

Black screen does not necessarily mean router is no good, that is myth. It is because router has not configure the firewall (Port forwarding), which in other word is blocking the video from reaching to Videophone from other videophone.

I have not seen that modem before. It might be a new one.

The Sorenson Person will be come my home this Tuesday evening! :thumb:

Afterwards, I have got caught up to calls!

Tsk tsk for blaming Sorenson when it was a bad modem/router... Blame blame the blame game goes ...

You can buy your own modem... And everyone need to have a back up to use when the trusty VP goes down. That good ole trusty TTY in the closet ... Relay via AIM... A good neighbor to run to if you need the neighbor to call 911...

Smile

Well, if you couldn't use your video phone, then what about using ip-relay? I use it all the time even to this day. Now your problem is solved somehow.

Back