Fear of going to people's house for dinner?

95mainer

Reaction score
Am I the only deaf who has a fear (anxiety attack) of going to people's house, especially alone? I don't know if it has anything do with being deaf. I've never gone to a deaf family's house before. It's always hearing people. So that's why it strike me as a possibly reason.

Are you mistaking fear for frustration? Most people don't mind the actual hanging out part, it's the conversations they find difficult.

Divide and conquer, choose your conversations carefully.

A deaf friend once told me she made it a point to contact people,through email, before major holidays, to see what was going on in their lives. That way, when those people all gathered together, she would have an idea of what the conversations were about. I thought that was a great idea.

Are you mistaking fear for frustration? Most people don't mind the actual hanging out part, it's the conversations they find difficult.

A deaf friend once told me she made it a point to contact people,through email, before major holidays, to see what was going on in their lives. That way, when those people all gathered together, she would have an idea of what the conversations were about. I thought that was a great idea.

No I don't mean frustration. I never had any communication problem. I'm talking about anxiety attack/panic attack. I'd panic if I'm at a table with family. I get shorten breaths and sweating and stressed.

That is a great idea but that would not work for me b/c I have nothing to with my daughter MIL , we only see one another during holidays of our granddaughter schools affairs. I mind the hanging out part .

It can be tough if no one else want to talk about vehicles with turbocharged engine. It's tough because vehicles with turbocharged engine are the best thing EVER and no one wants to discuss it.

It can be tough if no one else want to talk about vehicles with turbocharged engine. It's tough because vehicles with turbocharged engine are the best thing EVER and no one wants to discuss it.

I love turbocharged car! My old car Grand Prix was TC and runs like a baby

Lolll, vehicles with turbocharged engine truly RULE the world. People out there can't really understand!

picture-of-turbo-jet-car-1.jpg

How do you like this turbo jet car ??

Back