FCC threatens to destroy VRS by mismanagement

seriously misinformed

I do not know if it is accurate that interpreters and installers are contract employees?

all soresnon terps and installer is employee not contracted

Their hardware product development is minimal (Dlink develops their camera and Sorenson uses that product and makes software as we see it).

Soresnon develop dlink dvc1000 videophone and vp100 dlink was used to mass produce both videophone
dlink videophone use soresnon servers for contact list and ip to proxy phone nubmer translator

problem is dlink videophone csdvrs give out later abandoned

We are about going off the point about VRS issues, but just want to make some statement.

My father live in 1.5 million dollars home, 8500 sq. ft with indoor swimming pool, with in-law house and blah blah. in Maryland. Not because he want to live in a luxury but it's the only way to get more tax deductable from his large income. If he want to live in 2500 sq ft house, IRS will take big chunk of his income. So, there's many other reasons, but my father just a easy lay back type guy and he doesn't feel of him being rich, he just want like everyone else.

We are about going off the point about VRS issues, but just want to make some statement.

My father live in 1.5 million dollars home, 8500 sq. ft with indoor swimming pool, with in-law house and blah blah. in Maryland. Not because he want to live in a luxury but it's the only way to get more tax deductable from his large income. If he want to live in 2500 sq ft house, IRS will take big chunk of his income. So, there's many other reasons, but my father just a easy lay back type guy and he doesn't feel of him being rich, he just want like everyone else.

Side note: Funny thing is that my father valued his Caddy, 1987 (I think), and he got his engine replaced twice. The reason is that he is so comfortable with this type of car that don't make like other new or today Caddy. He's not interested getting new Caddy or what so ever.. just that Caddy.

It is about time that the VRS providers get with the program. Most of their executive management is living large. Sure they come up and say that they care about deaf and hoh, but truly, lets take a look at their true reason for providing this service. Also it is time that deaf and hoh bear some of the financial burden for these services. Equality, get the basic service and thats it, anything else then you pay for it. Enough of the free ride, do nto let your dissability become your excuse to keep depleting the goverment money. After all we all pay taxes.

FCC needs to close this issue and move on but they need to let deaf people be we arent to be terrorists in AMerica....thats what FCC is doing

This is just YET ANOTHER example of where the Govt doesn't have a CLUE!!

GOOD GRIEF!!! IF YOU ASK ME this is just YET ANOTHER example of something that the Govt really shouldn't try to "MIS-manage"!! Where our US Govt (most especially the current administration!!) REALLY gets into trouble is when they try to DICTATE to us how to live our lives but yet they don't have the FOGGIEST NOTION of what they are talking about trying to FORCE US TO DO (or why these companies need to be paid a living wage for their work). This reminds me of when I got my first really permanent manual wheelchair. When I saw what Medicaid paid the company, I was in SHOCK :shock: !!

The seat cushion that my doctor had wanted for me had a retail price of nearly $400. Your jaw(s) will probably drop to the floor when you hear what he was actually paid for that cushion....
Our friend who owned the Durable Medical Equipment Company where I got my wheelchair from, :jaw:was paid a GRAND TOTAL OF $7.00 for the cushion!! :jaw:

It's payments like this that are forcing the truly good providers of these ESSENTIAL SERVICES to simply go BELLY UP (or in other words.... BANKRUPT!!!)

Video Relay Service threatened by beaureacratic mismanagement!

The FCC is planning to drastically cut the rates for video relay services. It will drive most if not all providers out of the business because it will be more costly to provide the service than what is paid to the providers. The cuts will be greatest to the company that serves the most people, but it will impact all companies and all users of video relay service. If you want to express your opinion about how this will impact you, go to the FCC website: ECFS Home Page Select the link: Submit a filing (express)
then select Proceeding # 03-123. You will be asked to fill in a form with your name and address. Then add your comments to the comment box. Then you will be asked to confirm that what you see is what you wish to submit for your comment. The deadline for comments is next Friday, May 14th. The change will go into effect July 1, 2010 unless they can be convinced that it is a bad plan. This is no hoax. It is true biz.

Please spread the word. FCC needs to know how important this issue is.

Back