FCC fines Purple Communications $11.9 millions dollars for improper billing

i chatted with someone about this purple. He said, it is for IP relay different dept not VRS.

Simply erase all content and settings, then create a new apple ID.

My friend tried to erase all of them but need Apple ID. ZVRS refuses to give Apple ID to me. B....S....!

My friend tried to erase all of them but need Apple ID. ZVRS refuses to give Apple ID to me. B....S....!

Your friend need to put iPad in recovery mode and then erase it. Here web site explaining how to put iPad in recovery mode

How to put an iPad or iPhone into recovery mode in iOS 7

If during recovery mode iPad boot up but not finish then repeat again back recovery mode until iPad back "New" screen.

Told you so

Purple booth at Deaf National Expo today almost empty

But they were there at Pomona DeafNation expo.
maxwell_smart__confused.gif

See facebook image.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...3413492.1073741884.94797763491&type=3&theater

That is what FCC said in June 2013 order of ruling. FCC is very tired of tons of complaints about interoperability issues. I too heard complaint too numerous times and I have no control over this and know what FCC meant.

Like I said I don't know where they will lead to. Maybe after new president, new FCC chairperson, this can change. Very difficult to predict.

wwwwwhhhhhhaaaaaaatttttttt?

then phone companies like Verizon, Sprint, etc. should do same! :roll:

will be following this...

I've tried ZVRS and Sorenson so far... have some pluses and minuses about both. Haven't tried Convo or Purple yet.

Maybe I'll post a review...

I am aware of this, and do you realize that there are only two certified IP relay providers so far? If FCC fined Purple, and could push them into bankruptcy leaving only one IP relay provider. Why do you think Sorenson cut off SIPrelay, then later filed bankruptcy?

I mentioned VRS because what happened with IP relay, can happen to VRS.

I Personally am not sure where we will be ahead with communication accommodations. Will they improve or worsen the quality of accommodations?

i chatted with someone about this purple. He said, it is for IP relay different dept not VRS.

I am aware of this, and do you realize that there are only two certified IP relay providers so far? If FCC fined Purple, and could push them into bankruptcy leaving only one IP relay provider. Why do you think Sorenson cut off SIPrelay, then later filed bankruptcy?

I Personally am not sure where we will be ahead with communication accommodations. Will they improve or worsen the quality of accommodations?

simple - don't cheat. don't break the law.

Oh wow, I don't use IP relay anymore after Sorenson shut the IP relay down.

All I can say is that there is NOT enough of us voicing our deaf/hoh public opinion against the seemly unilateral decisions made at FCC.
I know there are alot being discussed behind the curtains and there are some things that should have been relayed to us folks for our opinions. Problem is their fear of deaf/hoh attitude first reactions.
So what are we going to do about it?

If the FCC mandates all VRS's to use the neutral platform, looks like the creativity/proprietary features will no longer exists in BEST possible situation and must be made to work on neutral software/hardware. I dont know if any of this statement is true, but it feels like it this way and I dont like that feeling. I am no longer with any VRS- but I can tell you this -- WE have come a long way but are straying off the path of VRS freedom because not all VRS will play nice with each other and they all are doing what it takes to fight to stay alive in the crabs in pot theory regardless who gets picked to be cooked and gone .

Good or bad? I don't know, I hope that FCC don't start run "Government owned and operate" the hardware/software part. It appears that there will be return of "White label", with customer's choice that they can request specific terp or agency. FCC wants all VRS provider stop doing marketing, promote, etc and focus only on terp service. Will the company that FCC choose to set up platform know what they are doing? They are likely going go for bidding to lowest offer, Will it work? Will video quality be as good as Sorenson or what? I dunno.

I strong agree because it's totally waste money. I recall seen state relay service doesn't doing such like that. Just very limited.

wwwwwhhhhhhaaaaaaatttttttt?

then phone companies like Verizon, Sprint, etc. should do same! :roll:

Only big different that Verizon, Sprint at&t, etc make money from customer and all VRS companies make money from govt's fund.

Only big different that Verizon, Sprint at&t, etc make money from customer and all VRS companies make money from govt's fund.

but VRS companies also make money from gov't fund depending on how many people use it.

Sorenson receives $$$$$$$$$$ because it has a very large number of clients.

How does that going benefit Deaf community? They can break more laws, and gone out of business leaving us with NOTHING. Can it happen? Sure!

so are you saying we should turn a blind eye to it or what?

so are you saying we should turn a blind eye to it or what?

I think he saying that the punishment on those who commit VRS frauds should not befallen on us who uses VRS.

FCC shouldn't have to make all those reforms that could effect how us users uses the VRS because of the frauds, instead FCC should increase the fraud awareness.

I think it cheaper to increase the fraud awareness or install a system to detect fraud better than to change or reform the whole VRS.

Actually phone customers from Verizon, AT&T and Sprint etc are the ones that paying for the VRS, on every phone bill there a fee for federal relay.

So whoever own phone are paying for the VRS every month.

Right!

I think he saying that the punishment on those who commit VRS frauds should not befallen on us who uses VRS.

FCC shouldn't have to make all those reforms that could effect how us users uses the VRS because of the frauds, instead FCC should increase the fraud awareness.

I think it cheaper to increase the fraud awareness or install a system to detect fraud better than to change or reform the whole VRS.

Back