Favorite Deaf Comedian!

Verliebt

Reaction score
I'm a hearing student taking ASL and next semester my class is in charge of putting together Deaf Awareness Day at my school. We're all really excited to have this opportunity, and for part of the event, we get to choose a speaker. Last year Peter Cook was the speaker, and everyone really enjoyed his comedy. We'd like to bring another comedian to the event this year, since everyone seemed to like it so much last year. In an effort to make our event a success,

Who are your favorite Deaf comedians? :giggle:

We'd love any ideas you could give us, we figured the best place to start looking would be here! :)

A lot, if not most people say Keith Wann is but he is a CODA...

I'm not going to judge her whether she's Deaf or deaf. Though she does sign but prefers to talk.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_gdaPvrWx4]YouTube - Kathy Buckley performs at SEE WHAT I'M SAYING premiere[/ame]

http://www.seewhatimsayingmovie.com

I would rather have a Deaf comedian better than the Coda comedian. I did watch what the Coda brothers trying to make jokes about the Deaf drivers. They are okay. But I still prefer Deaf comedians the best. I don't know who is my favorite Deaf comedian that would come to your school for Deaf Awareness Day.

As for Kathy Buckley, well she is talking to the hearing audience about her hearing loss and her problems in the hearing world. She had to have an interpreter translate for the Deaf people to understand what she was saying. That is not Deaf Culture. If she was talking in ASL by herself, then she is talking in signs to the Deaf audience which is Deaf Culture, but then again she can use the voice interpreter for the hearing audience while she is doing the signing. I don't know. :dunno:

Kathy Buckley is a really funny person in real life, once you get to talk to her (yes, I know her personally)

I *really* like CJ Jones. Saw him perform in Los Angeles and also in the movie See What I'm Saying: The Deaf Entertainers Documentary. He is great!

I have never met him but I really like to see him in signing in Youtube and other videos that he made that really made me laugh and enjoy watching him talking about his thoughts and other topics. He is a true Deaf comedian, all right. Yes, I like him a whole lot too. He is already in the DEAF CULTURE. Yay!!!! :thumb:

Back