Father Sings for Son's Cancer Treatment

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Watch musician Mike Masse's touching cover of 'Let It Be' for son Noah

A heartbreaking rendition of The Beatles' "Let It Be" was recently posted on YouTube by a father hoping to raise money for his infant son, who was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor.

Musician Mike Masse learned the devastating news about his son, Noah, on July 5. The Salt Lake City, Utah father told the Daily Mail that he and the boy's mother initially admitted Noah to the hospital for a stomach ache, but a CT scan revealed something much worse. "He went in for surgery, but they could only remove half [of the tumor] because it was bleeding so much," said the father of two. While doctors initially thought the tumor was benign, they soon discovered it was malignant.

Masse, who regularly records covers of songs from bands like Indigo Girls, Blind Melon and Neil Young, said on his fundraiser page that his online record label suggested he record a charity cover song for Noah to raise money for his chemotherapy treatments, which begin shortly.

"When this happened, everything took a backseat to my son's health," he told the Daily Mail. "I'm Noah's dad and I thought, 'What can I do?' We've been feeling quite helpless, and this was one way I felt I could actually help." Masse said all donations will go to giving his son "the best care possible, as well as helping keep our family afloat while we focus on little Noah's treatment and comfort."

Masse recorded the song on Noah's first birthday. Watch the touching video below. To donate, click here.

Father Sings for Son's Cancer Treatment - mom.me

Father Sings for Son's Cancer Treatment - mom.me

Back