F**k you, Deaf "Community"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirelessly posted

shel90 said:
Yes, deaf people have every right to express their opinions and feelings about CIs.

Too bad that this thread keeps going back to the wrongdoings of Deaf people instead of focusing on what the hearing person did wrong.

Historically, Deaf people have always been in the wrong or have to accept hearing people's wrongdoings.

Sad

Why? why do they have the right to approach a stranger and insult them and their children? to call them names and be horrible? how is that possibly their "right"?

Did you even read the part where I say they shouldn't say these (insults, threats, namecalling, etc.) sort of things to them and children?

yes, it is their rights to express how they feel about CI from their deaf point of view, if they are discussing it with someone.

There were and are instances of Deaf on Deaf attacks. There was even a documentary film about it about a little Deaf girl who wanted CI.

And what exactly did they do?

I seen a part of it, and I haven't seen anything other than hurt feelings between the family.

Did you even read the part where I say they shouldn't say these (insults, threats, namecalling, etc.) sort of things to them and children?

yes, it is their rights to express how they feel about CI from their deaf point of view, if they are discussing it with someone.

But is it their right to attack kids with CI? There is a difference between disagreeing versus simply making vicious comments and attacking.

If you are going to ignore some of my post, I have to ignore yours.

I've reported this post because it has nothing to do with Alldeaf, and it is linking to another message board where the father can not defend himself and it is an very old post.

Wirelessly posted

Why? why do they have the right to approach a stranger and insult them and their children? to call them names and be horrible? how is that possibly their "right"?

Pls read again. I said deaf people have a right to express their opinions and feelings about CIs, not to attack people.

Pls do not take my posts out of context.

I've reported this post because it has nothing to do with Alldeaf, and it is linking to another message board where the father can not defend himself and it is an very old post.

Good deal.

My two cents is that this was posted to once again stir everybody up and engage us in a flame war regarding the same hurtful issue that divides many, many deaf people. It was rather cruel of the OP to post this, I think.

Mods: Please lock this thread.

Wirelessly posted

shel90 said:
Wirelessly posted

Pls read again. I said deaf people have a right to express their opinions and feelings about CIs, not to attack people.

Pls do not take my posts out of context.

You keep defending Deaf people's rights to express their anti-CI views. this is how they are expressing them, by attacking parents. either you support it or you don't.

i do NOT think they have that right, just like i don't think people (hearing or oral deaf) have the right to attack deaf ASL users for not talking or having a CI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back