'eyyy

Mr.Tom

Reaction score
Hey everyone, my name is Tom.

I have been studying ASL since Sept 2011 and I will be finishing my "level 2" (not so helpful) sign language night classes next month. It is a little bit of a let-down because our professor only teaches vocabulary, neglects conversation practice, and does not encourage us to use grammar. :nono:

I will not be returning for level 3, and that's why I am here! I want to be involved in this forum, and maybe find a friend or two to Skype with to learn the proper way and much quicker. :)

A little about me, I'm 21 and I'm Canadian. I'm a student. I have a diploma and I will be heading to university to study criminology this year. I have been studying french and sign language over the past year. If all goes well I will be trying to learn many more throughout my life!

See you around. :]

Welcome to our AllDeaf.

I'm new, too for today. Nice to meet you, Tom.

Hi! I'm also a level 2 ASL student at my college, but my teacher is very good about enforcing grammar, and emphasizes the difference between "ASL" and "English" signing. The majority of our curriculum is developing advanced conversational skills and how to describe things and events in complex ways and tell stories, etc! What's your Skype name? I'm always looking for new people to chat with :]

Back