Ever heard of "Bromance"? (That's slang word)

yagazn

Reaction score
Definition of a Bromance:
A "bromance" is a term used to define a close friendship between two men that is not sexual. There is a genuine love between men which is mutual and reciprocated that matures over time. A "bromance" is a passionate friendship between two men that has all the earmarks of a marriage without the sexual component.

I watched it on TV news last night about the slang speak for "Bromance". there's more new slang word, I should have wrote that down. (And I forget to DVR, shoot).

Ah..that explains it. My hubby doesnt have any male friends...he prefers to romance with women, apparently. :giggle:

I think its about brotherly love. Women cant always keep up with guys at sports. A lot of bromances revolve around extreme sports like mountain biking and mountain climbing. Things that shouldnt be done alone incase of emergency.

i think its just a reinventing or rather, re-cycling the concept 'male bonding' a form of mateship...

huh?

One of the greatest joys of life is having friends. Male friends female friends animal friends, friends. I have had the great fortune in my life to have some really great friends. Some are male. Some are way long term friendships. For me even thinking of my friends gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. That in our poor screwed up society the deeply intense bond that happens with the very best of friends needs a new name is kind of nauseating. With all the social awareness now days of gay relationships a new stupidity sickens our society. Two male friends cannot just hang out and go do things without having random people assume that they are gay friends. There is this idea out there that your best friend is supposed to be your woman. Well that is something that for some that is the way it is. For a whole heap of others it is not. Their best friend was there long before their woman and in a society where marriages mostly do not last- long after. I love my friends and say fuck you to a society that makes that sound illicit in any way shape or form.

I think the idea of a Bromance, is the concept of guys having that one really close special friend while still keeping their other buddies, just the same way girls have all of their friends but they still have that one close special friend they call their BFF. This is the one person they can vent to when they can't vent to their spouse. Basically its like having a brother they never had.

Interesting! I never 'heard' of that. Thanks for bring it up. I would ask some friends and family what they think of Bromance, someday. :hmm: :P

I think the idea of a Bromance, is the concept of guys having that one really close special friend while still keeping their other buddies, just the same way girls have all of their friends but they still have that one close special friend they call their BFF. This is the one person they can vent to when they can't vent to their spouse. Basically its like having a brother they never had.

You have it nailed Dixie even though I object to calling it Bromance. I have been sharing good times and bad with a best male friend since junior high school.
I am a lucky lucky man to have such a great friend. As the years have gone by this friendship has spanned all the many events of our lives. It is awesome.

that just sounds really.... queer... lol. I got a buddy who's been my best friend for a long time. He's my bro, or dude. I could never say a word like bromance, no matter how close he and I are. :giggle: I dont think that slang word will get very far except for the homo and heterosexual types.

Back