Ever Have H/A or Similar Stolen Or Presumed Lost?

Sceptre71

Reaction score
Not sure if this is right place for this topic...but I had my H/A stolen,but it wasnt the intended item!

I went to an Amusement Park years ago and they had alot of water rides.They had these open locker boxes outside the ride to put your shoes/sneakers/etc inside of so they wouldnt get wet.

I put my sneakers and my H/A inside the shoe and placed it in the box.When I got off the ride,my sneakers where gone! HA gone! I had to walk the huge park to the car barefoot and thank god I didnt drive or my keys could have been gone too.

Was really :mad::mad::mad: and felt like :rl:

There was a Bus full of city kids that came to the Park...I seen a bunch of them punks walking around with 2 pairs of sneakers in their hands.I didnt realize they were stealing peoples shoes and sneakers at first...Some punk kid got my nikes with HA inside of it.

The park security could do nada...I walked through the park looking for someone holding my Nikes but didnt see it anywhere.

Its a little funny now that its been many years since it happened but thought I would share it today.

When my son was at St. Rita, one of the kids with CI lost his processor, and claimed that someone had stolen it during soccer practice. The parents of the day students all got phone calls asking us to check our kid's book bags, etc. The RAs went through the dorms searching all of the residential student's things. A couple of days later, the processor was found....under the bed of the student who claimed it was stolen. Seems it somehow got pushed under his bed when he was changing for soccer practice, and since he didn't wear it for soccer practice, he didn't notice until later!:giggle:

He was asked to make an apology to the other members of the team for the accusation of stealing, and all is well.

I never heard of anybody ever having their HA stolen from them. I can believe if it did happen that it wasn't the intended item that somebody would steal. I mean what is somebody gonna do with it?

Of course, I have heard some stories of people losing their HA or getting damaged by accident. My story is a little of both. Looking back, it was funny but I never had it happen again...that's for sure.

My younger brother's friend (many, many moons ago... :) ) was a terrific athlete and could do many sports. He and I were doing a fun boxing match with gloves and being silly teenagers pretending. He did a nice jab that hit near my HA ear and "pop" goes my HA. The punch didn't hurt as we were just messin' around. We looked and looked and looked for my HA and didn't find it. A day or two later I found on the curb of the street (some 50 ft from the front porch to the street) and flattened pretty good. While my mom wasn't too happy about it, she was used to having three boys doing stuff. Fortunately, she insured it under the home owner's insurance and got it replaced.

HAHA,those stories are great!
Fun to reflect back on them...

Just another tidbit..several years ago,I knew the Audiologist at a School for the Deaf.Real nice lady,hard working etc...She told me someone broke into her office over a weekend and stole 50 hearing aids! 50!!!

She said to me,something like,"What the F*#$ is someone going to do with 50 hearing aids!!??"

She was very upset...not sure if they assigned some blame on her...to this day they never caught the theif but I look back and think someone had a pawn shop connection or something.

:dizzy: :lol:

wow that is weird..who would want to steal 50 ha's..someone needs therapy lol

My cat stole my ha. she has a habit of taking things to play with them like my hair clips, i saw her taking a pen once, and other small things like that. So, ya she stole my ha and hid it somewhere (i still haven't found it lol), but it was covered under my insurance for the frst year if i lost or got my ha stolen so i got it replaced and only had to pay for the earmold. haha my lil kitty gave new meaning to the phrase "cat burglar" lol

Back