Engineering car adapter for Nucleus 5, 6

Rickyrab

Reaction score
I'm investigating the feasibility of engineering a do-it-yourself car (or solar, for that matter) charger for the Cochlear Nucleus 5 and/or 6. It is my understanding that the Cochlear company came out with a car charger for the Freedom but not the 5 or 6.

I know that Cochlear Nucleus 5 (which is what I have, I think) battery chargers run on 12V 1000mA supply (thanks to the labeling on the plug), but I'm not sure what the male barrel size is on the charger pad end, and I admit to being ignorant about how to build a barrel onto the end of a cord, anyhow. The plug itself converts from 100V or 240V 600mA at 50/60 Hz to 12V 1000mA.

It would also be nice to find a way to construct a USB charger for Nucleus 5 and 6 batteries.

It would also be nice to find a way to construct a USB charger for Nucleus 5 and 6 batteries.

Yes, it would be nice but you know most USB standard voltage is 5.5v and up ward to 500mA I believe.

The only simplest way is to purchase inverter and have your 120v charger plugged into it.

i've been looking for a solution to this for some time as well.. i've got a power gorilla and a 12 volt inverter (up to 200W) which I've tried plugging the battery charger into and the gorilla just shuts off and cuts down, and i can't work out why? any ideas? ideally we just need to know the dimensions of the jack ?

Back