Energizer Battery Problems

bazl0032

Reaction score
Does anyone else have issues with Energizer batteries in their hearing aid tailing off on power after only a day or so? Having worn hearing aids most of my life, I know the sound of a battery issue and it's not a good one as I might as well not have the hearing aid in, but it's not giving me the low battery warning :-(

I have a ReSound Alera 9 and did a battery test with multiple manufacturers and found that Rayovac is the best one, but bought some Energizers because I had a coupon and needed to get some batteries while waiting for my multi-pac of Rayovacs to come in...

I have had trouble with my HA batteries for quite some time. And only with the digital aid (the other is analog). I'm not 100% certain if it's the batteries that's the problem or the HA itself.. But for the digital aid, batteries are only lasting a couple days now, that's it. Going through them at a high volume. :(

Yes, I had that problem. I buy Rayovac now. So far, I've had better luck with this brand.

PowerOne always work well for me

Powerone and Durcell works for me!
you can find some powerone batteries in your audi's office if your audiologist carries these batteries.

U can find some Durcell batteries in stores

Thanks to this thread, I think I've figured out why my hearing aids have been "acting up". I would put in new batteries, and sometimes they'd work, sometimes they wouldn't. Some times my HAs would come on 10-15 minutes after I put in batteries. Sometimes my new batteries would beep like they were running low. I was very frustrated and thought I'd need my aud to check them out - but this thread made me think the batteries were the problem. I was using Wallgreens store brand (nice and cheap, LOL). Yesterday I bought some Rayovaks, and like magic my HA came on right away this morning!

I thought all batteries would be the same, but now I know better. Thanks everyone!

Does anyone else have issues with Energizer batteries in their hearing aid tailing off on power after only a day or so? Having worn hearing aids most of my life, I know the sound of a battery issue and it's not a good one as I might as well not have the hearing aid in, but it's not giving me the low battery warning :-(

I have a ReSound Alera 9 and did a battery test with multiple manufacturers and found that Rayovac is the best one, but bought some Energizers because I had a coupon and needed to get some batteries while waiting for my multi-pac of Rayovacs to come in...

Yes, I've had problems certain battery types and for my aid, Phonak A++, I only use Duracell. I also had a ReSound as well. I believe it is due to the board voltage/amperage, but I can't say for sure.

I have tried a sample pack of about 10 different batteries, Powerone is the only one that gives me the amount of battery life and quality it says it will

I've been using the Walgreen batteries with no problems. It's either Walgreens or Rayovac for me.

I have tried a sample pack of about 10 different batteries, Powerone is the only one that gives me the amount of battery life and quality it says it will

what size do you use ? and how long does the batteries last for ?

I use duracell size 13 and it lasts for nine days for my naida V sp aids.

what size do you use ? and how long does the batteries last for ?

I use duracell size 13 and it lasts for nine days for my naida V sp aids.

I use size 675' and have the starkey destiny power plus 1200s, which means they use a lot od battery. I usually get a good 12 to 14 days out of the powerones.

Whenever I would use any other kind,the battery would lose power quickly and my aids wouldn't work as well. I ordered the sample pack off microbattery.com and tried all different kinds, power one was the best so I order just that brand now ;)

Thanks for the responses, everybody! I also found that Power One was a close second in my battery test, so it is a very good battery. I chose Rayovac simply because it is a more generic brand and is available in more places (in case I got in a bind and needed to get batteries :)). mbrek, I agree that it was not intuitive that the battery could be causing a problem with your Hearing Aid, but it is amazing the differences you can find!

I get max 8 days with my power ones but that's because I use my icom and stethoscope a lot which eats the battery :/

My batteries seem to last longer because I put them into the HA dryer (dry & store). I clean the molds, open the battery doors wide and put the whole thing in, batteries and all. It gives me 1 to 3 days more, depending on the humidity of our weather. I use size 13 ZeniPower. They last one week or more and I use them 9 hours a day for 5 days a week unless I take them off at lunch. It is not unusual for me to change batteries only once or twice a month using this brand and method. As you see, I do not use the HA's unless I am working.

As you see, I do not use the HA's unless I am working.
Pretty impressive results! I think the key, though, is that you don't wear them a lot. I wear mine all day long and also use the Resound wireless accessories fairly extensively at work (~5 hours/day for the wireless streamer), so that wears down the battery pretty fast. Especially given the fact that the wireless accessories require a higher power level to work than if you were just using your Hearing Aid. Let's just say that I'm pushing the design capabilities of the Hearing Aid :naughty:

@bazl - true that I only wear them during my working hours. Yet before I was dropping them into the dryer I was changing them once or twice a week. My volume level is set to "stun". lol
I dont have anything wireless, and would really like to learn more about what that is. So if you dont mind educating me.. please tell me what that wireless thing means?

Those of you with battery problems not having enough juice or seeming like it wasn't on, I feel the culprit is electrical, not specifically brand. When you buy batteries, look at the voltage ratings on the packages. I've experimented with 1.40V and 1.45V, via anecdotal testing the 1.45V's were snappier on picking up sound.

The brand did not matter because I didn't specifically buy US name brands. I echo VacationGuy's response about the rated/voltage on the PCB's inside the hearing aids.

Powerone is one of those brands that offer a higher voltage rating, they are German branded too. Though you might want to check with your hearing aid manufacturer for recommended specifications if you're concerned a higher rating might short or disrupt your HA.

Back