Emergency Vehicle failed to alert me siren light did not show turn on

javapride said:
ITS NO win WIN senorio u should be charged for reckless endangerment of your own child letting him unbuckle his seatbelt to get ur attention the lamest excuse i ever heard have u ever heard of having ur child moved to where u can see him and if he can't get ur attention theres another way he can get ur attention u can teach him to flash a flashlight to keep him in his seat RMFE u have NO brains and NO regards for safety maybe U should get off the road yrself!
EyesBlueDeaf>
hail.gif
to Javapride :ty:

javapride said:
ITS NO win WIN senorio u should be charged for reckless endangerment of your own child letting him unbuckle his seatbelt to get ur attention the lamest excuse i ever heard have u ever heard of having ur child moved to where u can see him and if he can't get ur attention theres another way he can get ur attention u can teach him to flash a flashlight to keep him in his seat RMFE u have NO brains and NO regards for safety maybe U should get off the road yrself!

Got any kid of your own? How do you know? I don't see anything about your own kids on your own forum.

You need to watch while drooling...
22.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
mld4ds said:
Got any kid of your own? How do you know? I don't see anything about your own kids on your own forum.

You need to watch while drooling...
[picture snipped out to save space on server]
kewl! Java has her own forum?! Thanks for the info, mld4ds. :thumb:

CApoliticsdeaf,

I am a deaf driver when the emergency vehicle did not put red siren light to me and my deaf friend who was a witness.
I drove through to Clayton near Concord in California. The police officer was dirty business and did not provide me interpreter for ticket citation we couldn;t understand what police officer said, also he was lying to me, also he discussed two parademic employees to covered up to the judge."

I underline what I took was important and rephrase the question I have for you.
If I understand right ~~~ you were driving and the emergency vehicale was either passing by or coming did not have their LIGHTS on, correct? As the police had pulled you over and fine you for not pulling over because of the emergency vehicale were coming through, but did not have the LIGHTS on, correct?

As I know it was posted in November, but any result?

* For many of you were off topic here (as I skipped the rest of the comment and post this). CApoliticsdeaf was asking for advise what to do and it is a shame not many advise for this person. To be honest with you, CApoliticsdeaf, I don’t know what you can do, but you had a witness with you. So I suggest to try ask a lawyer and see what the lawyer may refer you to or may take the case. I do not know. I wish I could help*

That is kind of how I took it. If the lights AND siren are going, you are required to pull off to the side parallel to the roadway (either side, but right hand side is preferred).

In the state of Maryland, Emergency Vehicles are required by law to use both lights and sirens when responding to an emergency. If both are not used, or if there is a malfunction, then that vehicle is no longer an emergency vehicle.
There was an incident that I was responding to when my siren failed (lights still worked). Because my siren failed, I am no longer an emergency vehicle. I notify the dispatcher that there is a malfunction and that I am now responding 'Code 1' which is no lights or sirens. If a siren fails, honking the horn or using the PA (loudspeaker) does not cut it. If the officer did not have his lights on, he is no longer an emergency vehicle and you do not have to yield right of way (at least in Maryland). If you see this happen, I'd still get out of the guys way...remember, you'd want people to get out of their way when they are coming to your house or your mother's house.

As NeilMcD pointed out, most police and fire departments are required to 'clear' and intersection before proceeding through. I went through extensive training in driving code, and this was a major issue to be covered and we spent a lot of time properly clearing intersections. They even had 'rabbit cars' that were set up to intentionally try to hit us when we were going through intersections to make sure we were clearing them properly.

I'm hoping the original poster can clarify exactly what was taking place, what the tickets were for, and exactly how the police and firefighters lied.

As a paramedic, we are suppose to stop at all redlights and stop signs, etc, but do we, hell no. I would say 99% of the time, rollign stop if that. I have a hard time seeing emerency lights int he daytime. I agree, there should be some sort of waring devices mandated by the industry to have avail in your vehicles as a deaf driver.

If people don't like my point of view, blow me.

Back