Emergency Vehicle failed to alert me siren light did not show turn on

CApoliticsdeaf

Reaction score
I want to inform you to deaf community.

I am a deaf driver when the emergency vehicle did not put red siren light to me and my deaf friend who was a witness.
I drove through to Clayton near Concord in California. The police officer was dirty business and did not provide me interpreter for ticket citation we couldn;t understand what police officer said, also he was lying to me, also he discussed two parademic employees to covered up to the judge.

I am not consider traffic violation, My driving record history is very clean, no speeding ticket in the past, no run red light and I had never been violated for Emergency Vehicle in the traffic in my life. It was my first time.

we were so astonished two parademic employees and police officer were lied to the court and make deaf people look bad.

I have been fighting with the court also police officer, I plan to sue police officer, also file complaint against Judge, Judge did not understand deaf person's reasonable accomdation, I will not relinquish my case.sienna
We should set new technology visual light emergency vehicle for deaf people in every their cars to set so deaf people could see strong red light inside of car, so what do you think and feel free contact me.

I contacted Attorney General Office about police issues.

I'm not quite sure I understand your posting but I'm a firefighter so I can give some insight:

In most places, fire trucks, even if they have their lights and sirens on, are required to stop at all intersections and proceed only when safe.

However, you're supposed to pull over to the side of the road to allow an emergency vehicle to pass. I've ran into situations where I didn't hear them and pull over as soon as I realize it.

However, if they have reason to believe you were purposely blocking the fire truck, then that's a different story.

Can you tell us again exactly what happened?

No Deaf Driver can see the red flashing at bright daylight. I always pay attention to drivers that would give me hints like slow down and pull over.
Plus my eyes are too exhausted to check the rear mirrors every 10 seconds...

Who cares if you received a speeding ticket. Some police cars does have blue flashing signal (no red flashing). Others in their personal-own vechiles without installed flashing signals have right to pull over anyone.

A few months ago, I got three tickets that would cost me $350 plus court fees. I went to the courtroom with ASL interpreter and the judge waived them but fined me for $50. Lucky, they did not charge points on my driving record. I am glad that the judge finally understood my situation that my four years old son could unlock his seatbelt while he was trying to communicate me. However, the police office caught us in a matter of time. I exactly understood why the judge would fine me since there are many people listening in the courtroom. If he did not fine me, the citizens would protest over my son's safety and the media probably pick up the news....

Ms CAdeafpolitcs, you are not telling your whole story. You have to accept it and pay the consequences. Or you may challenge it in courtroom..... Do not make worse for the deaf drivers or we will have a hell problem from the public. I do not have any problem with current visual light emergency...Shut your fingers and accept it.

No one is above the law. Give me a break....

mld4ds said:
No Deaf Driver can see the red flashing at bright daylight. I always pay attention to drivers that would give me hints like slow down and pull over.

Who cares if you received a speeding ticket. Some police cars does have blue flashing signal (no red flashing). Others in their personal-own vechiles without installed flashing signals have right to pull over anyone.

A few months ago, I got three tickets that would cost me $350 plus court fees. I went to the courtroom with ASL interpreter and the judge waived them but fined me for $50. Lucky, they did not charge points on my driving record. I am glad that the judge finally understood my situation that my four years old son could unlock his seatbelt while he was trying to communicate me. However, the police office caught us in a matter of time. I exactly understood why the judge would fine me since there are many people listening in the courtroom. If he did not fine me, the citizens would protest over my son's safety and the media probably pick up the news....

Ms CAdeafpolitcs, you are not telling your whole story. You have to accept it and pay the consequences. Or you may challenge it in courtroom..... Do not make worse for the deaf drivers or we will have a hell problem from the public. I do not have any problem with current visual light emergency...Shut your fingers and accept it.

No one is above the law. Give me a break....
Whoa.. are you a bit harsh on her? She came here asking for an advice. How dare you telling her not to make any more problems for deaf drivers?! She never got any tickets while YOU got 3 tickets! YOU are making the deaf drivers look bad! Very lame excuses to blame on your 4 year old son.. 3 tickets because your son got out of his seat belt 3 times in a row?? Oh gimme a break! Next time when the policeman pull you over, shut your fingers, accept the tickets and PAY the fines like a responsible deaf person. You are not above the law either. :pissed:

mld4ds said:

Then maybe you shouldn't be driving, as checking the mirrors often is good defensive driving.

EyesBlueDeaf said:
Whoa.. are you a bit harsh on her? She came here asking for an advice. How dare you telling her not to make any more problems for deaf drivers?! She never got any tickets while YOU got 3 tickets! YOU are making the deaf drivers look bad! Very lame excuses to blame on your 4 year old son.. 3 tickets because your son got out of his seat belt 3 times in a row?? Oh gimme a break! Next time when the policeman pull you over, shut your fingers, accept the tickets and PAY the fines like a responsible deaf person. You are not above the law either. :pissed:

Read Ms CADeafPolitics's post. How do I know if she may lobby with state government to make a new law? I do not want to make worse for deaf drivers in California. Moreover, she did not tell us her whole story about her ticket. The police officer has to obey the law and do not have power to make a decision for waiving. Only the judge has power to waive the ticket or not.

FYI, my four years old hearing son can unlock the seatbelt since he in the back seat wanted to inform me that he had to go to potty..... Don't you have your own children? Then hash up, EyesBlueDeaf....

dkf747 said:
Then maybe you shouldn't be driving, as checking the mirrors often is good defensive driving.

Yeah I know, too many cars in the big city. Maybe you can drive for me with kids....

^^If there's 'too many' cars in the big city then don't drive if you won't abide by the laws. They're LAWS - that's what they're there for.

if he didnt flash his lights on you then how did you know you were supposed to pull over :dunno:

and if you cant see the flashing lights and strobes from a SUV behind your butt, then you might want to get your eyesight checked.

you were either not paying attention, which could have caused an accident, or you just plain need your eyes checked.

i work for LVMPD...im in charge of installing those lights in police cars. the light bars and strobes among other equpiment.

the policy here states that all officers must turn on their emergency lights to alert the drivers in front and behind the vehicle in order to avoid accidents.

sounds like its your local station that has issues...its not a statewide or nationwide issue.

mld4ds said:
Read Ms CADeafPolitics's post. How do I know if she may lobby with state government to make a new law? I do not want to make worse for deaf drivers in California. Moreover, she did not tell us her whole story about her ticket. The police officer has to obey the law and do not have power to make a decision for waiving. Only the judge has power to waive the ticket or not.

FYI, my four years old hearing son can unlock the seatbelt since he in the back seat wanted to inform me that he had to go to potty..... Don't you have your own children? Then hash up, EyesBlueDeaf....
:ugh2: Yes, I do have 2 girls.. age 9 and age 5.
I still cannot see how your 4 year old caused you to get 3 tickets.. You drove the car.. not him.. You could easily pull over. I sure do hope that you will not continue to blame him for rest of his life everytime you got the tickets.. You, as an adult, should accept that it is your fault. Why should you be concerned if she lobby? She's an adult. She does not need to be told what to do by you.

EyesBlueDeaf said:
Yes, I do have 2 girls.. age 9 and age 5.
I still cannot see how your 4 year old caused you to get 3 tickets.. And you should be ashamed of yourself for blaming on your son.. You should accept that it is your fault.. not ur son. You are an adult! geez!

Hey, Buttface (your avatar), How the fuck am I blaming my son for unlocking his beltseat while I was driving? You need to know better about deaf culture. Thanks God that judge understood my situation. One of the days you are going to get tickets from the police officer.

mld4ds said:
Ms ASS (your avatar), How the fuck am I blaming my son for unlocking his beltseat while I was driving? You need to know better about deaf culture. Thanks God that judge understood my situation. One of the days you are going to get tickets from the police officer.
LOL.. tell me what I should know about Deaf Culture.. Deaf Culture has nothing to do with the driving. It's your driving that got you tickets..

EyesBlueDeaf said:
LOL.. tell me what I should know about Deaf Culture.. Deaf Culture has nothing to do with the driving. It's your driving that got you tickets..

LIke I said no tickets on my driving record and no points on my driving history. Good thing that the judge understood my situation and waived three tickets. Yes, police officier gave me the tickets, but the judge in traffic court waived three tickets. How did he waive the tickets? That's why I told him about Deaf Culture. That's is a win-win scerino....

I do not have any points so that means my driving record is clean. No auto insurance is going to rise my primium rate.

mld4ds said:
[snip, snip] How did he waive the tickets? That's why I told him about Deaf Culture. That's is a win-win scerino....
[snip,snip]

win- win scenario??

Pass the red lights, "oops - Deaf Culture thing",
speeding over the speed limit "ah, Deaf Culture thing",
Did not put coins in parking meter "That Deaf Culture thing"
weaving on the highway "yup - another Deaf Culture thang"
:doh:

Do me a favor - don't overuse Deaf Culture for your excuses.

EyesBlueDeaf said:
win- win scenario??

Pass the red lights, "oops - Deaf Culture thing",
speeding over the speed limit "ah, Deaf Culture thing",
Did not put coins in parking meter "That Deaf Culture thing"
weaving on the highway "yup - another Deaf Culture thang"
:doh:

Do me a favor - don't overuse Deaf Culture for your excuses.

None of the above.

Police officer gave me two tickets becasue of my son and I got a ticket for expired inspection sticker. He told me that If I get the updated inspection sticker in that day, he would tell the judge to waive it. Bingo.
I pleaded "Not Guilty" on other two tickets for not securing the kid on seat and reckless (I don't exactly remember).... The judge waived both, too. Bingo. Why? He understood about Deaf Culture because of communication.
However, I had to pay the 50 dollars. I do not need to contest for that $50. My wife, 20 months old daughter and I wore the seatbelt. My brat unlocked it right by the police officer in car while waiting for the green light. Come on, Give me a break. You know how I am deaf that my son had to speak to me that he had to go to potty.................................

You know what he did when he sat on the car. He demanded, "Hey Dad, Please help me to secure the seltbelt." Wow, he doesn't like to hear the nagging from the police officer again.....

Ok, Buttface. What would you do if you obtain the ticket for not securing your kid(s)? I am sure that you would fight in the courtroom since your kids had to tell you very vital message. I.E., potty, bad sound of engines, sound of screaming by the exteror door, etc... However, police officer caught you driving while the kids off the belt.

You are more than welcome to flame me since AllDeafies await for your response.....

:fruit: buttface.. ms ass.. LOL.. name calling.. tsk, tsk, tsk... You are the one that ADers will look at because you did the name callings while I never called you names. geez..
Anyway.. I find it a waste of time talking with a person like you who use 'Deaf Culture" to get away with law, who use your own child to place blames on to, who refuse to accept that you are responsible for your own mistakes and who cannot talk like an adult. ANyway, it was nice knowing you. G'day! ;)

[
EyesBlueDeaf said:
:fruit: buttface.. ms ass.. LOL.. name calling.. tsk, tsk, tsk... You are the one that ADers will look at because you did the name callings while I never called you names. geez..
Anyway.. I find it a waste of time talking with a person like you who use 'Deaf Culture" to get away with law, who use your own child to place blames on to, who refuse to accept that you are responsible for your own mistakes and who cannot talk like an adult. ANyway, it was nice knowing you. G'day! ;)

Is this picture of Buttface?

Are you really jealous that judge believed my "Deaf Culture" story? Before you debate, you need to talk to your legal service....

You are the one who wasted your time with me.....

Back