Emergency Car help!

For getting stuck on the road if your car breaks down, at least have a cell phone with you. You can at least dial 911, if you do not know the local police non-emergency number, and say "Hello, I'm deaf. My car just broke down. I'm at (location), my car is a (describe car) and my tag is (vehicle tag number). I'm OK, but don't have any other means to contact someone. Please send help." Repeat this a couple of times.

That assumes you have a working voice - not all deaf people do.

I used to be able to access IM on my phone. I'm sure you still can, and you can set it up so that you can use an IM relay service via text messaging. That, of course, is if you don't have a 4G connection or something.

There's various possibility about engine light come on, like it's time to change oil, or your gas cap is not tight enough, or simple thing. But as far as you said about 2003 Honda Element, that's about 11 to 12 years old, depending on history of your services, it could be catalyst converter, or CO2 sensor are dying and such, those can survive it but if it's alternator (that provide electricity and charging the battery) dying, that means you may have difficulty starting your car... Just what Derickbycles says, go to autozone and once diagnostic is complete, I believe they will give you a print out of what is wrong. Some may need fix soon so it won't do any more harm to your engines.

That's one possibility. I once had to have my gas cap replaced because there was a hole in it. After that, the engine light never came back on.

Back