DVR Captions changed color???

Laungel

Reaction score
I'm hoping some techie out there will know how to help me! My cable channels go through a DVR box. All of a sudden, the captions changed to black box with a purple background and black writing. It is nearly impossible to see during the day or with very light/bright backgrounds on the screen. We didn't change any of the settings! In fact, the captions option only has on/off/muted and no color options. Even more strangely, while anything recorded on DVR uses the purple background/black writing, some but not all of the regular tv stations have the traditional white on black CC. Any idea how to change this back?

We do not know what kind of your cable TV co?

Verizon FIOS HDTV DVR (Motoroda) won't let me change color font, size, etc. FIOS made lock so they do not let any one change

I did try TIVO HDTV BOX. It worked!!!

Oh boy... some cable tv disabled the DVR captions, that I tried to look around to change on my SA Explorer 8300 DVR, there is no Caption on the menus settings, fk that shit cable tv company! (Comcast tookover the Time Warner Cable) my SA Explorer remote still have a company logo of Time Warner, if my SA Explorer dies then they will replace with newer motorola DVR box.

My SA Explorer still good since 2003.

I'm hoping some techie out there will know how to help me! My cable channels go through a DVR box. All of a sudden, the captions changed to black box with a purple background and black writing. It is nearly impossible to see during the day or with very light/bright backgrounds on the screen. We didn't change any of the settings! In fact, the captions option only has on/off/muted and no color options. Even more strangely, while anything recorded on DVR uses the purple background/black writing, some but not all of the regular tv stations have the traditional white on black CC. Any idea how to change this back?

If you can reading or problem with CC. Contact FCC or Cable company can fix for you.

Back