Driving across USA in 29 hours!!!

New Record: Driving Across the US in Less Than 29 Hours - ABC News

I don't think his car was turbocharged, but he got it done. Congrats!!!

Avg speed 98 mph with a max speed of 158 mph. Rather reckless driving putting possibly other people lives at stake. And people seem to condone this type of behavior? Unreal. People glorifying the news of the record-breaking attempt? And here is a chilling response:

"“I know someone will try to beat the record. And that’s the fun. But for now, I’m enjoying it,” Bolian said."

It would be a matter of time until somebody gets killed as a result of this folly attempt on breaking a new speed record.

I hope some of the states would get a warrant to get the GPS company to provide the exact locations on where their car traveled, and arrest them.

In 2010, I drove from Washington DC to San Francisco non-stop for 48 hours. I did make stops for gas, and food. I also got stuck in a traffic due to snow storm for two hours on top of mountain near Lake Tahoe.

This guy did almost 29 hours, he must be driving 100 mph all the way.

Avg speed 98 mph with a max speed of 158 mph. Rather reckless driving putting possibly other people lives at stake. And people seem to condone this type of behavior? Unreal. People glorifying the news of the record-breaking attempt? And here is a chilling response:

It would be a matter of time until somebody gets killed as a result of this folly attempt on breaking a new speed record.

I hope some of the states would get a warrant to get the GPS company to provide the exact locations on where their car traveled, and arrest them.

Why are you upset?

I don't care about speeders at most cases, but if they did in roadwork so it will be different story.

In most of Germany Autobahn, there are no speed limit.

In 2010, I drove from Washington DC to San Francisco non-stop for 48 hours. I did make stops for gas, and food. I also got stuck in a traffic due to snow storm for two hours on top of mountain near Lake Tahoe.

This guy did almost 29 hours, he must be driving 100 mph all the way.

The article did say he was averaging 98 mph. That was purely reckless driving. The driver unnecessarily put at risk other people driving on the same road as he. What the media are doing is glorifying his reckless behavior. Who knows if it'll generate more copycats to try that stunt. I hope that speeder will eventually get arrested and get charged with reckless driving.

I'm a lazy bastard, I'd only ride across the country if I could:

1. Haul a tent trailer behind my bike. I like my comforts, I gave up all that hard core bivvy crap when I retired from the Army.

2. Could take my sweet time about it. Hell, I might want to lay around in bed a while, smell the roses along the way, have some recreation, or just watch trees grow.

No land speed records for me. I have two speeds, slow and slower.

The article did say he was averaging 98 mph. That was purely reckless driving. The driver unnecessarily put at risk other people driving on the same road as he. What the media are doing is glorifying his reckless behavior. Who knows if it'll generate more copycats to try that stunt. I hope that speeder will eventually get arrested and get charged with reckless driving.

In bold - I doubt it because there are many speeders on road.

Reckless driving is usually punished with ticket/traffic citation.

...just Don't drive in front of me...

An even more prevalent problem is tailgating. The worst is when tractor/trailers are involved.

It seems like they did not. If they did, then it would take a lot longer. They would be arrested for doing 100 mph so obviously, no tickets

Highest speed claimed was 158 mph. Pretty darned dangerous and extremely reckless putting the public at danger.

Highest speed claimed was 158 mph. Pretty darned dangerous and extremely reckless putting the public at danger.

Well, it isn't worse if you are on rural highway.

My highest speed was 120 MPH on rural highway in 2006 and it felt like FLY.

I don't recommended inexperience drivers to achieve like that, that was instantly FASTER and DANGEROUS.

Back