Drive-Thru vs. Walk-In

HAHA I really got "a kick" out of reading all the responses here!I've encountered a few problems here in Jax, Fla., also. I've been deaf 48 years, but still have my speech. So whenever I do go thru the drive-thru, when I get to the speaker, all I do is put my hand on it and can feel when they are asking for my order....then I do say "I'm deaf and tell them my order, and I also repeat it in case there is some misunderstanding.....When I get to the window, they do look at me kind of funny, as my speech is different!...And if something was misunderstood, I can quickly write it down....I've never been refused service at the drive-thru! If I were, they would get some realllly profane words and I would sit there until I got my order!
One time, another deafie was riding with me, and I went thru the drive-thru....she said, "What? You can't do that! We will have to go inside! and I said NO WAY!..I'm gonna order thru the drive-thru just like everybody else!
One funy thing did happen....at BK... as the word "Whopper" is usually said the way it is spelled!...But I told them I wanted 2 "Whoopers"...and when I got to the window, the lady was laughing so hard!...She said "you mean Whoppers, not Whoooooopers!'''...So we both laughed it off! :laugh2:...Try to keep ur sense of humor!...

Back