does your pet know that u are deaf?

Since I have bilateral DEAF only 6 years-so far no recognition I am DEAF from my Cat Prof SKY. She has been around for almost 15 years.

Thinking that's really cool!...My doggie & cat have a race to see who can get to the door when someone is knocking....and my doggie licks my leg whenever she wants to go out. Do believe my doggie knows I'm deaf, but not so sure about the Cat...:giggle:

I'm sure the doggie knows you're deaf and give the cat some time. The cat will find out sooner or later. I have a dog who knows my balance is not the best in the world. He helps me down hills and around the creeks. I live in the mountains and Charlie (my dogie) is a mountain dog. He also warns me of intruders around via barking. He is always standing beside me to protect me. He's a wonder doggie.

I had a cat that knew that I was deaf. He would nudged on my arm or shoulder very gently letting me know that he wanted attention. He is long gone and passed away.

I have a dog and I think he knows I am deaf. He barked only for himself, not for me. :lol:

I am so sorry about your cat. Your dog will take care of you right where your cat left off. Animals are very sensitive about people and I am sure he will be your best friend forever. What breed is your dog? Mine is a Red tick hound.

Attachments

• Charlie (4).jpg
    Charlie (4).jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 0
Back