Does anyone really think hybrids are worth the money?

After I read on some posts about hybrid, is it worth for money to own hybrid then my short answer is no...

I prefer to own car with gas because hybrid has limited maximum speed and too complicated to fix it when battery was screwed up, plus their batteries are different from non-hybrid car, cannot share the jumper cable as well.

Toyota Prius has a maximum top speed of 105 mph. That's plenty fast enough if you're in a hurry, but really you shouldn't go that fast anyhow.

maximum speed? Do u need to drive fast in US highways? 80mph 90mph 100 mph 200mph? Nice to have a W12 powered bugatti Venyron that is capable of exceeding more than 270mph, I guess. In reality, you are not allowed to exceed posted speed limit by law in US. 65 or around that is more than powerful enough in Hybrid cars. I drive 75 all the time on US highways and is very good.

Now batteries! yes they are different as they are designed to jampacked as much as they can into tight spaces. They have 10 years warranty on battery pack. Who needs to worry too much about it for 10 years?

Jumper cable DO WORK in Hybrid cars. Toyota Prius operations manual states that.

Please excuse my ignorant in some parts.

I only found from wikipedia and stated that jumper cable has voltage issue when hooked to between hybrid car and gas powered car, that what wikipedia said.
Jump start (vehicle) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I wasn't much discussed about speed up on freeway, I know it was against on US law for speed up more than limited speed sign posted but I was just can be good for test course or closed circuit tracks or something like that. Just like wonders about maximum speed in hybrid cars.

Toyota Prius has a maximum top speed of 105 mph. That's plenty fast enough if you're in a hurry, but really you shouldn't go that fast anyhow.

Oh interesting, I don't check on all hybrid cars on website, just some of them but Toyota Prius is new to me, when I was found out from your post.

It's really can be good for test course or closed circuit course, if people are wish to speed the car up.

You know, the Honda FIT gets better mileage than both the hybrid accord AND the hybrid civic PLUS it costs less!

they aren't plus they'll cost more in long run on repairs.... I bought a 2005 VW Jetta TDI Diesel in September 2005... I get around 40 mpg with it and I have a "heavy foot / drive fast" the VW Diesel engines take 60,000 miles for the piston rings to seat or break in and they last 400,000 miles. they don't need tune up.. just oil changes but they use synetic oil and you can only get it from VW dealers or few on line places.. but oil change is every 10,000 miles....
timing belt should be replaced at 100,000 miles....

all I do is put fuel in it and change oil every 10,000 miles... better than hybirds...I think

Back