Does anyone knows whom cloud present food stamp applications

pedro2

Reaction score
Hi I live in Brooklyn New York and I'm trying to apply for food stamps so right now I'm still filling the form but what I would like to know is whom or where can I go whom can help make sure that I qualify for food stamps?.Because I think that if I just walk in the office myself and hand in the form what about if I don't qualify for food stamps? Is like SSI Social Security Income when I apply the first time they denied until I was going to some program and help re open the case I think Now I don't go to this program anymore.

Last edited:
It all depends upon how much money you earn/receive a month...and how many members you are claiming in ur family or whoever lives in ur home more than 6 months.....have proof of ur residence (where you live) and ur ID....

Hope you have an intrepretor go with you in case of any misunderstandings. If you are denied because of too much income, or lack of proof for ur residence, etc., but still are in need of food....check with ur local Churches/charities...they can help you.......

You can go online also and check with ur State's guidelines for the amount of $$ each month that you are allowed to earn before receiving food stamps. It varies state to state. You can also apply online for them.

Last edited:
So it depends how much income I get well the only job that I have done was work two times in the summer youth program Other than that I have not work in any jobs yet. So where can I go to who can help me qualify for food stamps?

So it depends how much income I get well the only job that I have done was work two times in the summer youth program Other than that I have not work in any jobs yet. So where can I go to who can help me qualify for food stamps?

Well, if ur unemployed and 18, I'm sure you will get food stamps. Why not have an intrepretor to go with you?...Do you live at home?...Even ur parents can go with you to apply if need be.

But what I meant is like a places to go like an organization or something.Because there was this program that I used to go last year and they help me with the application For SSI online so they know how to get people qualify But now my case is close in that program and I don't go there no more.I'm not 18 I'm around 20 to 24 and unemployed.

But what I meant is like a places to go like an organization or something.Because there was this program that I used to go last year and they help me with the application For SSI online so they know how to get people qualify But now my case is close in that program and I don't go there no more.I'm not 18 I'm around 20 to 25 and unemployed.

I see no reason whatsoever why you cannot go by yourself...Unless you don't understand how to fill out the application properly?....I know of no "programs" for helping you...maybe other members here do know of one...

Seems to me that if you go to the Food Stamp Center, and let them know you need help with filling out the application, they will help you!...Even an intrepretor might be able to help you....a friend....sibling, etc. ....

As for as people "knowing how to get people qualified"...basically,, if you're in need of Food Stamps, are unemployed/homeless, etc., you automatically will qualify....You have to be honest on the application, or get denied.

But what I meant is like a places to go like an organization or something.Because there was this program that I used to go last year and they help me with the application For SSI online so they know how to get people qualify But now my case is close in that program and I don't go there no more.I'm not 18 I'm around 20 to 24 and unemployed.

You really have to go on your own and bring a famliy member or case worker if have one. You need some ID and you have show how much income you get per month and you need to bill that had your current address on it. RR did suggest you have an interpreter , there should be some centers of deaf and hoh people in NY that could get you an interpreter to go with you. Do live alone or with people? This be will consider in how much food stamps you will get if you can get them.

view the state website

5 years ago I changed jobs and lost health insurance. I went to apply at the county office for the childrens health program. My car had too much loan and I had a small retirement fund. I had withdrawn all my retirement to pay off my car loan. That income disqualified me from any program. I wasn't looking for any money and never have received welfare or food vouchers. So much for the state's low-income childrens program.

The Lady told me To bring me the last four pay stub from my mom,and all the documents that I need to take like my ID,an letter from my mom of how much I lead to her for helping the house and all that stuff.I review the pay stub that my mom give me and the three of them had like 200 and something and the last pay stub was like 500 and something I don't know why maybe Christmas Vacations? So I don't know if I would have qualify but since I get SSI I receive income so I don't have to put my on it.Since I'm applying for food stamps what happens now Are they going to reduce some money that I receive from SSI?

Oh yeah it just only me my mom and my brother in an apartment.
And deaf Welder you said that in any program that you apply for like food stamp and SSI you be disqualify because you had to much loan for you car?

Food stamps is so confusing here in Illinois. I work with clients same income level, same household (group home) one can get little a month while other one can get a decent amount a month. No difference in household level income etc, just two different individuals.
No one here can figure it out at my work how the system really determines ones eligiblity.

food stamp

Why is it that they (DCF) won't give food stamp to people who are full time students, then you say i am not full time student and they (DCF) would say you must work or volunteer for 20 hours. and i say i can't i do my classes online and i
don't have transportation. so they won't give me because they claim if you can do school then you can work/volunteer. the worst part is i have a heart condition and they don't consider as a medical problem that can prevent me from working. how does anyone get food stamp anyway. isn't it enough that you are deaf and can't get out of the house. i feel like they will say whatever to keep me from getting help. please reply to me. i am interested in your response. oh i live in florida if that matters.

Why is it that they (DCF) won't give food stamp to people who are full time students, then you say i am not full time student and they (DCF) would say you must work or volunteer for 20 hours. and i say i can't i do my classes online and i
don't have transportation. so they won't give me because they claim if you can do school then you can work/volunteer. the worst part is i have a heart condition and they don't consider as a medical problem that can prevent me from working. how does anyone get food stamp anyway. isn't it enough that you are deaf and can't get out of the house. i feel like they will say whatever to keep me from getting help. please reply to me. i am interested in your response. oh i live in florida if that matters.

Perhaps a letter from ur doctor might help. Since you have a heart condition, have you applied for SSDI?....Florida is already cutting back on Food Stamps and their usage....most times they will approve them if there is children involved. And if you are unemployed, laid off, etc., or are homeless.

Back