Does anyone here practice Hinduism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakini

Reaction score
I was just curious if any of you here practice Hinduism. If yes, who are you a devotee of? What do you love? What have you read and what teachings did you enjoy? Do share anything about it!

I'm a devotee of Goddess Kali and Sri Sri Mata Amritanandamayi Devi. I've known Amma for a year and few months now. I've had five darshans with her. Four years ago, I was not worshiping any dieties nor following anybody, nor practicing any religion. I did not have any plans to practice a religion and was going to walk this path on my own, being my own teacher. I've always been very spiritual trying to understand my existence, seeking answers. I have loved to read anything on spirituality since my late teens and was really hungry for knowledge, wisdom and truth.

During those many years, I had yet read anything Hindu-related. Four years ago, I barely knew anything about it. Then one day, I had a spontaneous reading with a friend online. She had a gift but hardly does it because it is draining. While we were talking, she decided to give me a reading as I was going through a break up. Turns out in the middle of it, Goddess Kali came to her and wanted me to know that she has always been with me, guiding and protecting me, that we have a history. And reminded me of my purpose in this life. My friend had no idea who Kali was and nor was I. She was a practicing Buddhist. I knew nothing about Hindu dieties except for Krishna. I had to google Kali to find out who she is. It felt right to me, her energies that is. I could resonate with Kali.

Then I started reading about Indian saints such as Mother Meera, Paramahansa Yogananda and Swami Satchidananda. I fell in love with them all! I loved reading about these fascinating people and was so hungry for more! Then Amma guided me to her last year. And have been savoring all of her teachings and other Hindu scripture and teachings since then learning so much about mantras, pooja, Sri Lalitha Sahasranama, all the dieties, etc. I can never get enough of it! I'm always hungry to learn more!

Since I've applied the teachings of Mata Amritanandamayi and practicing Hinduism principles, I have felt greater love, peace, joy and happiness in my life. Also I have seen some worldly attachments fall away easily without a second thought. TV, meat, caffeine, alcohol, etc. all were easy to give up without breaking a sweat. I've also experienced Divine Love a few times and many prayers answered real fast.

While it may seem highly unusual that a white girl from a Christian background would end up being a Hindu, I got the answer as to why this happened. It came in the form of a past life recall earlier this year. This was the first time I ever recalled anything beyond this birth. I saw myself living in India. I had studied religions and spirituality and was from another country and moved to India to study under a woman guru. I had to leave for a few days to go somewhere, my woman guru was asking me questions about medicines, if I have everything. She was acting worried about something, being like a protective mother to me.

So when I left to travel to wherever I was going, I was still in India when I got horribly sick with small pox. Someone was carrying me to the doctor whom had my entire body mummified to cover the skin wounds. I was suffering so bad! It was miserable! The doctor poured water on my body to help hydrate it, my skin broke and bled and I screamed like bloody h*ll. They also had to stand me up against the wall to help circulate my body. Everything they fed me passed right out of my body without being absorbed. My guru came to see me. I could not see, my eyes were covered. I was above it all witnessing the entire thing, not feeling the pain but I felt so compassinate and bad for my other self wishing she did not have to go through it. I had died from this disease.

Everything felt so familiar. It is just like how when you go somewhere several times, you remember it already. I woke up with these words "Brahman of all things." I did not know what it meant as I was just new to this religion earlier this year. I had to look it up and found out what it meant:

Brahman is the unborn (aja) in whom all existing things abide. (Rig Veda)
Everything that is is Brahman. Brahman is the eternal Now.. (Sudhakar S.D, 1988)
The Universe is Brahman. (Sudhakar S.D, 1988)

I also dream of or see Sanskrit words while awake but with my eyes closed. I do not know Sanskrit! Everytime I get a word or phrase, i am always skeptical it means anything. I get doubts thinking it is gibberish, but whenever I ask my friends that know Sanskrit, they tell me they are actual words and mean something! Even the other day, I got a phrase in Malayalam. I know not a word of that langurage! Amma speaks Malayalam. She sends me these words to teach me something about myself.

Last edited:
Very cool! I think Hinduism is really rare in the US. Wish more people practiced it. I know vaguely some of the stories and things, but I really don't know about the beliefs etc. Care to enlighten us further?

I am a staunch hindu as wel, been like that since birth!!

I am a Sri Sathya Sai Baba devotee, he is my ideal guru, my friend, my master!! Well, We are born into a hindu family where, Hanuman, the son of the wind god, Pavana, is our family diety, so we worship him! Thus we are also Shiva devotees, because Hanuman is an incarnation of Shiva, we also perform all the other prayers, such as Sri Krishna Janmashtami, Shri Ram Naumi, Shri Ganesha Chahuthri, and many other prayers not forgetting, Diwali, the festival of Lights!!

I love the science of ayurveda, which comes from the four vedas, i love the stories, and poetry of Hinduism, I love the healing nature of Hinduism, I love the epics! I love every iota and Hinduism is prevalent in every atom of my body!

I can go on about everything about Hinduism, because I am so passionate about my religion...I think if any quote I could share it will be this one:

"What you are is God's gift to you, What you become is your gift to Him!"

This is for you Stacey, I love it:

"High Truth,
Unyielding Order,
Consecration,
Ardour & Prayer and Holy Ritual.
Uphold the Earth.

May she, the ruling mistress
Of what has been
and what will come to be
For us
Spread a wide limitless domain...

Stacey, this is taken from the Rig Veda, the Yajur Veda is also quite nice, but the Rig is hard to interpert!!

And this regards our chat on religion in the evening for you!!

Perennial joy or passing pleasure?
This is the choice one has to make always.

The wise recognize these two.
But not the ignorant.

The first welcome what leads
To abiding joy, though painful at that time.

The latter run goaded by their senses
after what seems immediate pleasure.

This is from the Katha Upanishad.

"I've always been very spiritual trying to understand my existence, seeking answers. I have loved to read anything on spirituality since my late teens and was really hungry for knowledge, wisdom and truth."

This is precisely me!!

Anyway, will tell more later...g2g

Kashveera Anjali

I went to mission trip to trinidad/tobago. Met a deaf girl, who was raied in hindu family. She's converted to christian and she's the first deaf in that island became a christians beofre more and more deaf became one. But she invited me to join her family for dinner. I love some of their food. And lead me to hindu prayer room where her dad built and different pictures of gods. I was there during the week of divali. Its beautiful way of decorating. And shared with me their beliefs. Family never seen how she have change dramatically and the love of Jesus, but family preferred family tradition and I myself and even she left them their choice, which is very good example what Christ called us to do. The family is sweet. Hehehe, you sure do have expertise of spelling long names than I do. But when you shared that, that brings me memories of the people I love in trinidad. The lady she's involve in deaf ministry at my bro church where he pastor, and I told her she reminds me of trinidad, and she said that where she was from and her family is also in hindu where they live in washington, but she's aslo and her 2 sisters are now christians. We shared a lot about foods and stuff. Yes, its very interesting what I experienced that I witnessed how hindu do and what they believe. Yes, as far I know, there are few here iin usa. But here in ohio, there are lot of muslims, which have a large mosque in southside toledo. I have seen few hindus, but rarely at the mall, dentist and some places. Smile

Wonderful to read here, thanks for sharing your belief with us.

converting

I went to mission trip to trinidad/tobago. Met a deaf girl, who was raied in hindu family. She's converted to christian and she's the first deaf in that island became a christians beofre more and more deaf became one.

Hi Christlovedeaf,
Yes usually it is the soul of the person that has a predisposition for a particular spiritual/religious path. It can be a carry over from a past life. If you lived your life previously as a staunct believer in Jesus Christ, and if you were born a Hindu in another life, then most likely that person is going to pick up where they left off as a devotee of Jesus. That is pretty much what happened with me. As I was born into a Christian family, but I was previously a Divine Mother/Kali worshipper, so in this life, She just helped me pick up where I left off. We truly do not forget who we were.

All the time that we spend on our devotion to God regardless of religion as God is the same for all paths, the investment in our devotion never goes away. It stays with us always bringing us closer and closer to God. If we spend our lives amassing wealth and materialistic gain, all of that goes to waste and cannot go with us when we pass over, then you'll be born again in with the same materialistic desires thus keeping you trapped in the illusion of separation from God. But if we spend every minute focused on our devotion to God, then it gets easier and always stays with us eternally. That is why many saints and scriptures always talk about keeping your mind very focused on God when you die because that in turn will affect your next life.

~Stacy

About Hinduism

Very cool! I think Hinduism is really rare in the US. Wish more people practiced it. I know vaguely some of the stories and things, but I really don't know about the beliefs etc. Care to enlighten us further?

Hinduism is more of a philosophy and way of life than a very specific religion. It is actually a huge umbrella covering many philosophies and branches of schools of thoughts and practices. It is not just based on one scripture like how it is in Christianity (The Bible) and Judaism (The Torah). It involves several scriptures such as: Upanishads * Vedas * Brahmana * Bhagavad Gita * Ramayana * Mahabharata * Purana * Aranyaka *Shikshapatri * Vachanamrut * Yoga Sutras, and many more. It is the oldest organized major religion in this world. It is older than Christianity. India has had a very long spiritual history which I find fascinating because no matter how old it is, it is still timeless to this day! Just even reading something that is 5,000 years old, still has meaning, truth and purpose for me in these modern times. That is what is so remarkable about it!

"The majority of contemporary Hindus follow the Vedanta philosophy, a monotheistic philosophy, and believe in a cosmic spirit called Brahman, that is worshiped in many forms such as Vishnu, Shiva or Shakti." (Wikipedia)

This "Brahman" is just like the same concept that we Western's think of the atribute-less/formless God. Just a different word for the same concept. Paramatman is another word used for God.

In Hinduism there are four paths to salvation which are: karma yoga (selfless service/the path of action), bhakti yoga (the path of devotion), raja yoga (the path of meditation) and jnana yoga (the path of knowledge). What this really means is that one can spend their practice following the path of meditation (raja yoga) only, just by doing nothing but meditating and eventually getting to moksha (salvation/liberation). The other way to get there to God is through the studying of scriptures and gaining knowledge and understanding about God (jnana yoga). Or another path would be by being of service, giving yourself selflessly in helping others (karma yoga). Bhakti yoga occurs when you are spending your time writing devotional poetry, singing bhajans (devotional songs), crying and talking to God, thinking about God every minute, etc.

Mother Theresa followed the path of karma. She spent her entire life giving herself selflessly to the dying. It brought out the Divinity within her. Some people follow more than one path as a combination. Amma, my Satguru, stresses to follow the bhakti and jnana path, that they both go hand in hand and also stresses Karma yoga as well. She is really big on karma yoga (seva) because it is in the giving selfless service that the love within our hearts springs forth. Amma also teaches meditation, so in a sense she teaches all paths but in a particular order. Some other gurus only teach one path such as meditation only while another would just only teach about knowledge. Paramahansa Yogananda's guru Sri Yukteswar was a jnana avatar (avatar of knowledge). He taught his disciple Paramahansa all about knowledge of the scriptures and of God.

Bhakti is actually the easiest way towards God. Amma says crying to God for five minutes equals to one hour of meditation. Every tear we shed for God is never wasted. That one tear brings us one step closer, so it is really encouraged to cry for God and how many of us do? We would cry for materialistic things, but not God. Many of the gopi's that were in love with Krishna spent every single minute thinking and focusing on Krishna. When they cleaned, cooked, did chores, sang, or whatever they were doing, they always kept their mind focused on Krishna, never wavering it. They did everything as an offering to Krishna. They did it out of their love for Him. And as a result they merged into Oneness with Krishna. The thing is they never meditated or studied scriptures! You do not have to study scripture nor meditate in order to merge into Oneness with God. These four paths are for different mental affinities and tendencies. One path may take longer than another. I follow the bhakti path along with jnana right now. I've not yet done selfless service (volunteer work) but will do that soon.

As for the dieties in the Hindu pantheon, gosh there are so many, I've not learn them all. They each fall into different categories. Some are just only symbolic of the aspects of God or Divine Mother, while some were actual incarnations here on Earth (such as Krishna, Rama, Haunuman) . To the Western mind, they may take the symbolism too literally without first trying to understand the meaning of the symbolism and the purpose behind it.

An example of a diety that represents a symbolic aspect would be Goddess Kali. She is symbolic of the fierce aspect of the Divine Mother. This is what Amma says of Kali " Kali is symbolic of the divine principle of fierceness which kills the ego. Similiar is the case with the other forms of God. When we yell at a cow saying, "Go away!" when it eats the leaves of a young coconut palm, we have the same attitude of fierceness. The cow will not run away if we lovingly tell it to go. It needs a certain show of anger. Likewise, the Mother is roaring and killing the ego through the manifestation of Kali. Through this understanding we can transcend all forms." It is just like how a mother spanks her child when the child does something wrong or harmful to another. The mother does this out of love for the child and in order to teach the child to discriminate between right and wrong, the mother must be firm, fierce and disciplinarian to "mold" the child into an adult of great character. It is our ego that is stubborn and keeps us separate from God with attachments. Kali cuts away these attachments with her sword. I have experienced Kali's fierceness once in a dream. Oh my goodness, she is indescribable, beyond so much power that it made me go running and crying towards God. She does this out of her love for her child. Some people respond to that kind of mental affinity.

I've not read much about Ganesha yet, but this elephant diety symbolizes his power of being able to remove obstacles in your life. People pray to Ganesha for help removing obstacles as this is what he helps you with.

There is so much more about this religion, it's impossible to describe everything in one post. I am actually still learning it and don't think I will ever stop learning! Let me explain the purpose of focusing on a "form" as opposed to worshiping and focusing on a formless aspect of God in a separate post.

~Stacy

Last edited:
Hi Christlovedeaf,
Yes usually it is the soul of the person that has a predisposition for a particular spiritual/religious path. It can be a carry over from a past life. If you lived your life previously as a staunct believer in Jesus Christ, and if you were born a Hindu in another life, then most likely that person is going to pick up where they left off as a devotee of Jesus. That is pretty much what happened with me. As I was born into a Christian family, but I was previously a Divine Mother/Kali worshipper, so in this life, She just helped me pick up where I left off. We truly do not forget who we were.

All the time that we spend on our devotion to God regardless of religion as God is the same for all paths, the investment in our devotion never goes away. It stays with us always bringing us closer and closer to God. If we spend our lives amassing wealth and materialistic gain, all of that goes to waste and cannot go with us when we pass over, then you'll be born again in with the same materialistic desires thus keeping you trapped in the illusion of separation from God. But if we spend every minute focused on our devotion to God, then it gets easier and always stays with us eternally. That is why many saints and scriptures always talk about keeping your mind very focused on God when you die because that in turn will affect your next life.

~Stacy
Thanks so much for sharing. Smile. Many christians lack of the purpose God called us to do. Being a christian is part of worshipping the Lord in daily basis which involves a beautiful relationship. Sad part is many christians doing the "duties" and "must" attitude to approve God, but He wants to work thru me and my desire to know Him. Again, thanks so much for sharing with me. Smile.

forms

What I love about Hinduism is that you can chose the path, school of thought and form that you have the strongest affinity for, one that fits with who you are, one that you are passionate and in love with. You want to chose the "form" that you are in love with, because it is in the falling in love with the "form" that you end up falling in love with God. These "forms" are just bridges towards God. They have a purpose for us. They help carry us across river just like how a squirrel cannot swim across the river but wants to get to the other side of the river. An ice cube on the river could carry the squirrel to the other side then the squirrel can go on it's way. This is what "forms" do for us. They help show us the way, carry us until we no longer need them.

Us humans have a mind that relies on the physical, 3D. Many of us need a focal point in order to feel within in our hearts. We all have pictures of our family, wives, husbands, lovers, children, etc. We feel something when we look at the picture, we feel our love for that person/s in our heart, correct? Is it the picture that is giving us love? Or is it the symbolic representation in the picture that gives us love? The same concept applies to when Hindu's worship dieties or "forms". It is not the picture or statue that gives us the love. It is the symbolic representation, it gives our mind something to focus on in order to trigger and stir that love inside of us, just like how you look at a picture of your loved one. This is no different than Christians focusing on Jesus in order to feel God's love. Jesus is a "form" of God. He is the bridge and the way to God, just the same way that Krishna is a "form" of God, a bridge and a way.

Some people do worship a formless aspect of God without a particular form like they do in Shikism. Even though they have a Guru named Nanak whom their religious beliefs were founded upon, actually they worship just an attributeless God. They do not use statues, murthi's, pictures of any diety with the exception of maybe Guru Nanak.

You can have any type of relationship with the "form" that you feel most comfortable with, one that brings you closest to God. Arjuna, Krishna's devotee, thought of Krishna as a friend. The gopi's thought of Krishna as a lover. Some think of Krishna like a father. There is truly no wrong type of relationship with your diety/form/God/Goddess. All are valid as we each all are very different. I relate with Amma as my Mother, Father, Lover, Friend, Protector, and as God. Some only relate with her just as Mother. Some see her as Krishna, some see her as Kali. I see her as Kali too because again that is symbolic, Amma is the incarnation of the Divine Mother which means she has ALL of the Goddesses of the Hindu pantheon within herself that she can manifest at any will. A devotee of Durga would see Amma as Durga. Does that make sense? She can be all things to you.

When we are worshipping or focusing on a diety/form/god/goddess, we in essence are focusing on that aspect within ourselves. They already exist within. It is through that intense focus with a one-pointed concentration that we merge into Oneness with that "form".

All the dieties of the Hindu pantheon, who represent the infinite aspects of the One Supreme Being exist within us as well. A Divine incarnation can manifest any one of them for the good of the world by mere will. The Divine Mood of Krishna (Krishna Bhava) is the manifestation of the Pure Consciousness aspect of the Absolute. --Amma​

So many more topics to cover in Hinduism such as mantras and chants which are quite valuable and beneficial as well. If you want more, just ask me to share more!

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in Hindu scriptures

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in Hindu scriptures
by Dr. Zakir Naik

I Muhammad (pbuh) prophesised in Bhavishya Purana

1. According to Bhavishya Purana in the Prati Sarag Parv III Khand 3 Adhay 3 Shloka 5 to 8.
"A malecha (belonging to a foreign country and speaking a foreign language) spiritual teacher will appear with his companions. His name will be Mohammad. Raja (Bhoj) after giving this Maha Dev Arab (of angelic disposition) a bath in the Panchgavya and the Ganga water (i.e. purifying him of all sins) offered him the present of his sincere devotion and showing him all reverence said, "I make obeisance to thee. O ye! The pride of mankind, the dweller in Arabia, Ye have collected a great force to kill the Devil and you yourself have been protected from the malecha opponents."

The Prophecy clearly states:
1. The name of the Prophet as Mohammad.

2. He will belong to Arabia. The Sanskrit word Marusthal means a sandy track of land or a desert.

3. Special mention is made of the companions of the Prophet, i.e. the Sahabas. No other Prophet had as many companions as Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

He is referred as the pride of mankind (Parbatis nath). The Glorious Qur’an reconfirms this

"And thou (standest) on an exalted standard of character"
[Al-Qur'an 68:4]|

"Ye have indeed in the Messenger of Allah, a beautiful pattern (of conduct)".
[Al-Qur'an 33:21]

He will kill the devil, i.e. abolish idol worship and all sorts of vices.

The Prophet will be given protection against his enemy.

Some people may argue that ‘Raja’ Bhoj mentioned in the prophecy lived in the 11th century C.E. 500 years after the advent of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and was the descendant in the 10th generation of Raja Shalivahan. These people fail to realise that there was not only one Raja of the name Bhoj. The Egyptian Monarchs were called as Pharaoh and the Roman Kings were known as Caesar, similarly the Indian Rajas were given the title of Bhoj. There were several Raja Bhoj who came before the one in 11th Century C.E.

The Prophet did not physically take a bath in the Panchgavya and the water of Ganges. Since the water of Ganges is considered holy, taking bath in the Ganges is an idiom, which means washing away sins or immunity from all sorts of sins. Here the prophecy implies that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was sinless, i.e. Maasoom.

According to Bhavishya Purana in the Pratisarag Parv III Khand 3 Adhay 3 Shloka 10 to 27 Maharishi Vyas has prophesised:

"The Malecha have spoiled the well-known land of the Arabs. Arya Dharma is not to be found in the country. Before also there appeared a misguided fiend whom I had killed; he has now again appeared being sent by a powerful enemy. To show these enemies the right path and to give them guidance, the well-known Muhammad (pbuh), is busy in bringing the Pishachas to the right path. O Raja, You need not go to the land of the foolish Pishachas, you will be purified through my kindness even where you are. At night, he of the angelic disposition, the shrewd man, in the guise of Pishacha said to Raja Bhoj, "O Raja! Your Arya Dharma has been made to prevail over all religions, but according to the commandments of Ishwar Parmatma, I shall enforce the strong creed of the meat eaters. My followers will be men circumcised, without a tail (on his head), keeping beard, creating a revolution announcing the Aadhaan (the Muslim call for prayer) and will be eating all lawful things. He will eat all sorts of animals except swine. They will not seek purification from the holy shrubs, but will be purified through warfare. On account of their fighting the irreligious nations, they will be known as Musalmaans. I shall be the originator of this religion of the meat-eating nations."

The Prophecy states that:
1. The evil doers have corrupted the Arab land.

Arya Dharma is not found in that land.

The Indian Raja need not go the Arab land since his purification will take place in India after the musalmaan will arrive in India.

The coming Prophet will attest the truth of the Aryan faith, i.e. Monotheism and will reform the misguided people.

The Prophet’s followers will be circumcised. They will be without a tail on the head and bear a beard and will create a great revolution.

They will announce the Aadhaan, i.e. ‘the Muslim call for prayer’.

He will only eat lawful things and animals but will not eat pork. The Qur’an confirms this in no less than 4 different places:

In Surah Al-Baqarah chapter 2 verse 173
In Surah Al-Maidah chapter 5 verse 3
In Surah Al-Anam chapter 6 verse 145
In Surah Al-Nahl chapter 16 verse 115

"Forbidden to you for food are dead meat, blood, flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah".

They will not purify with grass like the Hindus but by means of sword they will fight their irreligious people.

They will be called musalmaan.

They will be a meat-eating nation.

The eating of herbivorous animals is confirmed by the Qur’an in Surah Maidah, chapter 5 verse 1 and in Surah Muminun chapter 23 verse 21

According to Bhavishya Purana, Parv - III Khand 1 Adhay 3 Shloka 21-23:

"Corruption and persecution are found in seven sacred cities of Kashi, etc. India is inhabited by Rakshas, Shabor, Bhil and other foolish people. In the land of Malechhas, the followers of the Malechha dharma (Islam) are wise and brave people. All good qualities are found in Musalmaans and all sorts of vices have accumulated in the land of the Aryas. Islam will rule in India and its islands. Having known these facts, O Muni, glorify the name of thy lord".

The Qur’an confirms this in Surah Taubah chapter 9 verse 33 and in Surah Al Saff chapter 61 verse 9:

"It is He who hath sent His Messenger with Guidance and the Religion of Truth, to proclaim it over all religion, even though the Pagans may detest (it)".

A similar message is given in Surah Fatah chapter 48 verses 28 ending with, "and enough is Allah as a witness".

II

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) Prophesised in Atharvaveda

In the 20th book of Atharvaveda Hymn 127 Some Suktas (chapters) are known as Kuntap Sukta. Kuntap means the consumer of misery and troubles. Thus meaning the message of peace and safety and if translated in Arabic means Islam.

Kuntap also means hidden glands in the abdomen. These mantras are called so probably because their true meaning was hidden and was to be revealed in future. Its hidden meaning is also connected with the navel or the middle point of this earth. Makkah is called the Ummul Qur’a the mother of the towns or the naval of the earth. In many revealed books it was the first house of Divine worship where God Almighty gave spiritual nourishment to the world. The Qur’an says in Surah Ali-Imran chapter 3, verse 96:

"The first house (of worship) appointed for men was that at Bakkah (Makkah) full of blessings and of guidance and for all kinds of beings". Thus Kuntap stands for Makkah or Bakkah.

Several people have translated these Kuntap Suktas like M. Bloomfield, Prof. Ralph Griffith, Pandit Rajaram, Pandit Khem Karan, etc.

The main points mentioned in the Kuntap Suktas i.e. in Atharvaveda book 20 Hymn 127 verses 1-13 are:

Mantra 1
He is Narashansah or the praised one (Muhammad). He is Kaurama: the prince of peace or the emigrant, who is safe, even amongst a host of 60,090 enemies.

Mantra 2
He is a camel-riding Rishi, whose chariot touches the heaven.

Mantra 3
He is Mamah Rishi who is given a hundred gold coins, ten chaplets (necklaces), three hundred good steeds and ten thousand cows.

Mantra 4
Vachyesv rebh. ‘Oh! ye who glorifies’.

The Sanskrit word Narashansah means ‘the praised one’, which is the literal translation of the Arabic word Muhammad (pbuh).

The Sanskrit word Kaurama means ‘one who spreads and promotes peace’. The holy Prophet was the ‘Prince of Peace’ and he preached equality of human kind and universal brotherhood. Kaurama also means an emigrant. The Prophet migrated from Makkah to Madinah and was thus also an Emigrant.

He will be protected from 60,090 enemies, which was the population of Makkah. The Prophet would ride a camel. This clearly indicates that it cannot be an Indian Rishi, since it is forbidden for a Brahman to ride a camel according to the Sacred Books of the East, volume 25, Laws of Manu pg. 472. According to Manu Smirti chapter 11 verse 202, "A Brahman is prohibited from riding a camel or an ass and to bathe naked. He should purify himself by suppressing his breath".
3. This mantra gave the Rishi's name as Mamah. No rishi in India or another Prophet had this name Mamah which is derived from Mah which means to esteem highly, or to revere, to exalt, etc. Some Sanskrit books give the Prophet’s name as ‘Mohammad’, but this word according to Sanskrit grammar can also be used in the bad sense. It is incorrect to apply grammar to an Arabic word. Actually shas the same meaning and somewhat similar pronunciation as the word Muhammad (pbuh).

He is given 100 gold coins, which refers to the believers and the earlier companions of the Prophet during his turbulent Makkan life. Later on due to persecution they migrated from Makkah to Abysinia. Later when Prophet migrated to Madinah all of them joined him in Madinah.

The 10 chaplets or necklaces were the 10 best companions of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) known as Ashra-Mubbashshira (10 bestowed with good news). These were foretold in this world of their salvation in the hereafter i.e. they were given the good news of entering paradise by the Prophet’s own lips and after naming each one he said "in Paradise". They were Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, Ali, Talha, Zubair, Abdur Rahman Ibn Auf, Saad bin Abi Waqqas, Saad bin Zaid and Abu Ubaidah (May Allah be well-pleased with all of them).

The Sanskrit word Go is derived from Gaw which means ‘to go to war’. A cow is also called Go and is a symbol of war as well as peace. The 10,000 cows refer to the 10,000 companions who accompanied the Prophet (pbuh) when he entered Makkah during Fateh Makkah which was a unique victory in the history of mankind in which there was no blood shed. The 10,000 companions were pious and compassionate like cows and were at the same time strong and fierce and are described in the Holy Quran in Surah Fatah:
"Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah; and those who are with him are strong against unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each other."
[Al-Qur'an 48:29]

This mantra calls the Prophet as Rebh which means one who praises, which when translated into Arabic is Ahmed, which is another name for the Holy Prophet (pbuh).

Battle of the Allies described in the Vedas.

It is mentioned in Atharvaveda Book XX Hymn 21 verse 6, "Lord of the truthful! These liberators drink these feats of bravery and the inspiring songs gladdened thee in the field of battle. When thou renders vanquished without fight the ten thousand opponents of the praying one, the adoring one."
1. This Prophecy of the Veda describes the well-known battle of Ahzab or the battle of the Allies during the time of Prophet Muhammed. The Prophet was victorious without an actual conflict which is mentioned in the Qur’an in Surah Ahzab:

"When the believers saw the confederate forces they said, "This is what Allah and His Messenger had promised us and Allah and His Messenger told us what was true." And it only added to their faith and their zeal in obedience."
[Al-Qur'an 33:22]
2. The Sanskrit word karo in the Mantra means the ‘praying one’ which when translated into Arabic means ‘Ahmed’, the second name of Prophet Muhammed (pbuh).
3. The 10,000 opponents mentioned in the Mantra were the enemies of the Prophet and the Muslims were only 3000 in number.
4. The last words of the Mantra aprati ni bashayah means the defeat was given to the enemies without an actual fight.

3. The enemies’ defeat in the conquest of Makkah is mentioned in Atharvaveda book 20 Hymn 21 verse no 9:

"You have O Indra, overthrown 20 kings and 60,099 men with an outstripping Chariot wheel who came to fight the praised one or far famed (Muhammad) orphan."

1. The population of Makkah at the time of Prophet’s advent was nearly 60,000
2. There were several clans in Makkah each having its own chief. Totally there were about 20 chiefs to rule the population of Makkah.
3. An Abandhu meaning a helpless man who was far-famed and ‘praised one’. Muhammad (pbuh) overcame his enemies with the help of God.

III

Muhammad (pbuh) prophesised in the Rigveda

A similar prophecy is also found in Rigveda Book I, Hymn 53 verse 9:

The Sanskrit word used is Sushrama, which means praiseworthy or well praised which in Arabic means Muhammad (pbuh).

IV

Muhummad (pbuh) is also prophesised in the Samveda

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is also prophesised in the Samveda Book II Hymn 6 verse 8:

"Ahmed acquired from his Lord the knowledge of eternal law. I received light from him just as from the sun." The Prophecy confirms:

1. The name of the Prophet as Ahmed since Ahmed is an Arabic name. Many translators misunderstood it to be Ahm at hi and translated the mantra as "I alone have acquired the real wisdom of my father".

Prophet was given eternal law, i.e. the Shariah.

The Rishi was enlightened by the Shariah of Prophet Muhammad. The Qur’an says in Surah Saba chapter 34 verse 28

"We have not sent thee but as a universal (Messenger) to men, giving them glad tidings and warning them (against sin), but most men understand not."
[Al-Qur'an 34:28]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back