Does Anyone Have a Drive in Movie in Your Town?

whatdidyousay!

Reaction score
I only found 3 in my state and they're not near me. I was thinking it would be fun to go with my daughter and grandchild.

we used to have 25 of them around Buffalo. 24 of them are gone.

We only got 1 left in Lockport.

But do not expect Open Caption on those.

Used to have lots as well. The one in far east side of Ypsilanti or west side of Willow Run (Michigan) where I first saw Star Wars and other early sci-fi movies is now a mobile park. Second one was on Washtenaw Ave was torn down to make room for Kroger store. The third one I used to go to on Carpenter, almost across from Meijer store were also torn down and replaced by a huge indoor movie complex.

There are still a couple I know of, near Flint. Not sure if either are still in business or not. The drawback of drive in movies are limited space so multiple screen was very rare. Limited time, often only 1 run of a movie so that's limited source of revenue compared to a 24 screen theaters that can run from noon to midnight.

It sucked though, it's hard to really snuggle in a movie theater.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

They have one here in Iowa. The other one in Kansas City with closed captions coming up on Aug 30th, we will go there!

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

There are a few around my area

Used to have lots as well. The one in far east side of Ypsilanti or west side of Willow Run (Michigan) where I first saw Star Wars and other early sci-fi movies is now a mobile park. Second one was on Washtenaw Ave was torn down to make room for Kroger store. The third one I used to go to on Carpenter, almost across from Meijer store were also torn down and replaced by a huge indoor movie complex.

There are still a couple I know of, near Flint. Not sure if either are still in business or not. The drawback of drive in movies are limited space so multiple screen was very rare. Limited time, often only 1 run of a movie so that's limited source of revenue compared to a 24 screen theaters that can run from noon to midnight.

It sucked though, it's hard to really snuggle in a movie theater.

LOL ! I remember my ex sister in law taking her twins girls to a drive in and
she said people in the car next to her car where having sex and you could see the bow in the woman keep bobbing up and down! Maybe it not a good idea to bring a child to a drive-in then

I live in a city of just over 300K people and there's just one drive-in and it is about a half mile from me.

I live in a city of just over 300K people and there's just one drive-in and it is about a half mile from me.

There one in NH but it a 2 1/2 hours drive , that is too long a drive for a movie,

Back