Does anyone hates weddings?

here's a point why there is a reason for divorce.....if you were a woman, how would you feel if you were abused by the same man for years. if its not allowed to break up and move on away from that guy. divorce didn't exist in the united states til around 1960s. that's what I heard but haven't confirmed it yet. there IS a reason of divorces. I would leave divorces for good reasons, only.

Why not add, for better or for worse with exception if your gonna beat me up all the time. Is that what your trying to imply? I don't buy the idea of divorce does not exist til after 60's

After quick research, I found out that divorce dated even long before BC!

Divorce existed in antiquity, dating at least back to ancient Mesopotamia. The ancient Athenians liberally allowed divorce, but the person requesting divorce had to submit the request to a magistrate, and the magistrate could determine that the reasons given were insufficient.

Believe it or not, Mesopotamia was once in country now known as Iraq!

here's a point why there is a reason for divorce.....if you were a woman, how would you feel if you were abused by the same man for years. if its not allowed to break up and move on away from that guy. divorce didn't exist in the united states til around 1960s. that's what I heard but haven't confirmed it yet. there IS a reason of divorces. I would leave divorces for good reasons, only.

diehardbiker, I didn't say anything abt divorce around the world. if you read carefully, I said united states, smile. I knew divorce has been around much longer in other countries.

I never heard of someone hating weddings that is odd. I love weddings so beautiful getting fixed up and having a good time. My last wedding attendance was in Nov 06 it was fun my cousin got married and I was part of her bridemaids.

I am the stereotypical chick at weddings: I promise myself I won't cry, then I bawl. It doesn't matter who is getting married, even a general acquaintance, I will still cry. They break down my fortitude too easily.

Plus, people tend to go overboard sometimes and spend more on a wedding than I will make in my whole life. That is when I hate weddings.

I am the stereotypical chick at weddings: I promise myself I won't cry, then I bawl. It doesn't matter who is getting married, even a general acquaintance, I will still cry. They break down my fortitude too easily.

Plus, people tend to go overboard sometimes and spend more on a wedding than I will make in my whole life. That is when I hate weddings.

maybe you bawl because you might marry Mr wrong or feel not right for couples to get marry. I cried for no reason that my ex and I went to look for wedding place. We were at wedding places, I cried for no reason. I tried figure why was I crying. Then After marriage, It turned so bad. I realized that Lord tried warn me to not marry and my sprirt made me cry. I didnt cry at my second wedding.

I cry because I know it's corny and hokey, but it's happy and cute too. I couldn't care less what happens after the wedding (i.e. get a divorce). It happens. I don't think G/god has anything to do with why I cry at weddings.

I love weddings and the receptions because you get free fancy food, free champagne, and easy sex.

Richard

:gpost: !!!...A marriage should be based upon one another's love for each other but unfortunately, many marriages today are based upon on an unexpected pregnancy, loneliness, or for the wrong reasons and etc...some parents would interfere by forcing their children to marry cause of unexpected pregnancy....

I strongly feel that no one should be in marriage where there's an abuse going on in the household or in the relationship, whether or not it may be for better or for worse, it more like you're expecting a death wish, or waiting to see one of your children growing up and become an abuser, why harm the person you love? that's not marriage to me, and surely it is not love either....No one cannot tell you what to do, only you can make the decisions that guide your life...It takes a person to walk a miles in someone's shoes to understand exactly what they're were going through...

If some people don't believe in marriage cause of too much divorces going on, then don't get married but those who wants to get married, that up to them...It's not our place to make the decision for them...

i see wedding as start of divorce or funeral it disgusting people celebrate like that

i always thought weddings are sooo romantic... but then now? it is all about money and show offs. its just a ceremony and tell vows to each other. Also it is a piece of paper? It is all baloney! sigh!

there is another reason i disliked the weddings as i was asked to be a bridemaid before but turned down 2 weeks before the wedding. jeez what a nerve of my ex best friend to do this to me! :roll:

i have been asked to be a bridemaid for my best friend from school. I wouldnt mind as she and i have been best friends forever.. But the idea of having to wear dress doesnt suit me. ha!

I eloped to the courthouse with my soon to be ex hubby and it was a simple ceremony with two sentences vows thats it? no flowers, no cake, no drinks, none! soo simple! ha..

I have been to many weddings but have been a bridesmaid to only 2 people in my life.. my sister and my brother... I don't care to spend a $300 bridesmaid dress for a bride friend that I would never see again after she gets married. After a couple gets married, they are in that "honeymoon" phase... I wait a few years to get together with them, when they return from the clouds back to earth.

I saw one pastor actually say something to a couple getting married recently that shocked me.. this is the first time I've ever heard it... he said "Don't think that you are so special... I am marrying 3 more couples today... there are hundreds of couples around the world getting married the same day as you... so don't let it go to your head"...

I don't hate weddings. Some weddings are boring... Some weddings are blast! Depends on who is getting married...

I think deaf weddings are more fun because I won't feel left out and able to communciate with another guests in ASL. One of my cousins was very sweet by hired an interpreter just for me and invited my best friend who is also deaf to join us to keep me company at their wedding. I didn't ask for that but still that was very thoughtful of them to do that. :)

I never attend gay or lesbian wedding before... I would love to experience that too.

I don't hate weddings. Some weddings are boring... Some weddings are blast! Depends on who is getting married...

I think deaf weddings are more fun because I won't feel left out and able to communciate with another guests in ASL. One of my cousins was very sweet by hired an interpreter just for me and invited my best friend who is also deaf to join us to keep me company at their wedding. I didn't ask for that but still that was very thoughtful of them to do that. :)

QUOTE]

My brother just got married 3 weeks ago and my sister in law's family thought about the interpreter!!! I got one and everyone LOVED her... even the hearing people!

yep it definitely was awesome!!! It was sooo nice to sign to somebody the whole night with deep conversations than the standard "hey how are you? good to see you" line from many hearing people *wink*

yep it definitely was awesome!!! It was sooo nice to sign to somebody the whole night with deep conversations than the standard "hey how are you? good to see you" line from many hearing people *wink*

That's wonderful! :) It is better than being bored and left out!

i agree .. its nice of them to get u interpreter, elisa. :) show that they are caring people.. glad you werent left out of the party.. whooo! heh

i agree .. its nice of them to get u interpreter, elisa. :) show that they are caring people.. glad you werent left out of the party.. whooo! heh

They sure were! Plus it was out of town... it's neat to meet new interpreters

Back