Do you think the Phonak Nadia is comparable to the Oction Sumo?

bebito831

Reaction score
I am currently using Oction Sumos in both my ears...I have an FM reciever and boot attached to both aids, it attaches to the battery door and I guess is additional weight to the door, which causes chipping and cracking of the battery door on my hearing aid.

It is frustrating me...

Since my FM transmitter is Phonak Smartlink, I am thinking of switching over to Phonak hearing aids so that the FM reciever is built in and will eliminate my battery door problems.
But since my hearing loss is severe/profound I do not want to step down in hearing aid power... I just want the same thing basically, but in Phonak brand. Does anyone know which Phonak Aid is the most powerful? Is it the Nadias?

I am planning to see my Audi on Monday since the door on my Sumo is loose and cracked again. :mad: This is like the third time it has happened.

I use the Smartlink all the time...at work...in public places...etc so my boot and receiver thingy stays on my hearing aid 24/7...but since the only way to turn off my Sumo's at night is to open the battery door, the constant open/close is making the door chip and stuff...

Any help is appreciated. :)

I am currently using Oction Sumos in both my ears...I have an FM reciever and boot attached to both aids, it attaches to the battery door and I guess is additional weight to the door, which causes chipping and cracking of the battery door on my hearing aid.

It is frustrating me...

Since my FM transmitter is Phonak Smartlink, I am thinking of switching over to Phonak hearing aids so that the FM reciever is built in and will eliminate my battery door problems.
But since my hearing loss is severe/profound I do not want to step down in hearing aid power... I just want the same thing basically, but in Phonak brand. Does anyone know which Phonak Aid is the most powerful? Is it the Nadias?

I am planning to see my Audi on Monday since the door on my Sumo is loose and cracked again. :mad: This is like the third time it has happened.

I use the Smartlink all the time...at work...in public places...etc so my boot and receiver thingy stays on my hearing aid 24/7...but since the only way to turn off my Sumo's at night is to open the battery door, the constant open/close is making the door chip and stuff...

Any help is appreciated. :)

Why don't you just leave them turned "on" (instead of turning them off at night) ... you might have slightly more battery drain - but not much as even in "off" they will only last a few weeks tops (because they are "air" batteries - versus AA, AAA D batteries which are not)

If I leave them turned on they will whistle all night long, since they are not in my ear. LOL How can I leave them on?

Naida UP is most powerful Phonak. And whistle block technology.

Why don't you just leave them turned "on" (instead of turning them off at night) ... you might have slightly more battery drain - but not much as even in "off" they will only last a few weeks tops (because they are "air" batteries - versus AA, AAA D batteries which are not)

get your facts right anij. something wrong with your thinking

Naidas are definitely the most powerful hearing aids from Phonak, and I actually prefer the Naida over the Sumo myself (tried the Sumo for a while, eh).

Just know, with the Naidas you still have to open the battery door to turn off the hearing aid. But you don't need to open the battery door completely.

If I leave them turned on they will whistle all night long, since they are not in my ear. LOL How can I leave them on?

Many of the newer high powered HAs have newer (and better) whistle block technology that prevents the "squuuueeeeeeeeee" when taken out etc- provide they are placed so the mic isn't against the table etc. The Sumo might be different though.

With mine, I can take the HA out place in it's box, or hanging on the rim of a cup etc and it doesn't squeal at all ...however if I lay it flat on a table etc it will whistle squeal.

The suggestion to just leave the HAs on (when a shoe etc is attached) was actually recommended to myself and a number of others by various audiologists :)

I have Oticon agile the power ones and they work great and have little mold things and receivers in the mold not these huge plastic molds.
I once tried naiad phonic after using oticon for like 7 years I could not go with phonic the sound quality was so different I just hated it, I felt that oticon is stable with sounds and produce efficient magnification while phonic were magnifying everything and I got lost with speech understanding. You can get something called streamer with oticon that works just like phenol smartlink even better

I can hear whistle because Phonak is very -poweful!!

Do you hear the hearing aid whistle if you take it off and leave the battery door shut?

I don't . That is to help not feedback.

Do you hear the hearing aid whistle if you take it off and leave the battery door shut?

I don't . That is to help not feedback.

maybe blocked on door, close on whistle on because reason how complication is hear! I think so might to blocked!

maybe blocked on door, close on whistle on because reason how complication is hear! I think so might to blocked!

No, I mean the hearing aid does not whistle if you leave it turned on and take it out of your ear.

Miracle technology!

My battery door is fine and I open it every night when I put it in the dryer.

No, I mean the hearing aid does not whistle if you leave it turned on and take it out of your ear.

Miracle technology!

My battery door is fine and I open it every night when I put it in the dryer.

I learn it!! It interesting surprised! my opinion you are lot of experience!

I learn it!! It interesting surprised! my opinion you are lot of experience!

:Oops: I am also wrong. I just asked my husband who can hear more than me.

He said yes he can hear it whistling if I take it out of my ear.

Sorry . It was a mistake.

Back