Do you tend to hide....

Audiofuzzy

Reaction score
... your HA??
because I do,
sometimes when I am in a defiant mood I will style my hair the way so they are visible but most times I preffer to have them covered.

Fuzzy

I used to be very selfconscious about my aids, but now show them off. I decorated my aids with beads and charms....they look very cool! :)

Nope, my hair is cut very very short. I care less that people see my hearing aids.

no i dont bother to hide my HA at all -- now that my hair has grown out i still put it up when i feel like it and i dont care if anyone saw my HA *shrugs*

No. I don't care who sees my CI or HA. In fact, I decorated my CI magnet/processor with crystal stickers to make them more visible. :) I also have colored battery covers for my CI processor that I change to match my mood/wardrobe. I have long hair and wear it in a ponytail or braid most of the time because I *want* the world to see my CI/HA. They are a part of who I am and what allow me to hear. :)

I don't believe if somebody see ci or hearing aids on you and they want to kill you becuase u wear them..

I don't see any reason to hide or cover it.. if you do cover or hide.. that's how you aren't feel comfortable and why did u get at the first place?

Audiofuzzy said:
... your HA??
because I do,
sometimes when I am in a defiant mood I will style my hair the way so they are visible but most times I preffer to have them covered.

Fuzzy

Obviously, You haven't accept that you have a hearing loss and wear hearing aids. Its a shame, really.. You should be comfortable with your life and with yourself too.. this day, its really different, more and more people are starting to understand what deafness is.. back when I was small, they would stare at me like i'm some robot or something.. but nowadays, they're like "are you deaf? do you know sign language? will you teach me?" Its gotten interesting though. Try to accept who you are and be yourself.. Just be you!

Tell you the truth that I haven´t wear my HA for over 20 years.

When I was young I was growing up in an enviroment that wasn't disabled-friendly.
I wanted to appear as normal as possible. Not be "different".
I guess the tendency to hide my HA it's an unfortunate "scar" from my past, one that is very hard to get over with..
Bad habit I guess..

But the good news is there is so many of you feeling confident with your HAs..
:)

Fuzzy

Back