Do you like to post on AD on your smartphone?

Do you like to post on AD on your smartphone?

• Other - my reason is different

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Yes - I surf and post actively on AD with my phone

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • No - I prefer to use desktop/laptop to post

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Mixed - I browse with my phone but I rarely post with it

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
I don't post on AD using dumbphone. ;) Mostly from MAC

Wirelessly posted

I post from my iPhone but this keyboard is awful making corrections all the time and grammatical errors. I don't have time to sit behind my laptop always on the go pretty much.

It doesn't work on some browsers. I have trouble with Dolphin and sometimes with Firefox. The interface could be cleaner on the mobile side so most of the time I use the Desktop view instead.

I exclusively use my smartphone. Android Chrome Mobile Browser with swiftkey. I hate tapatalk. I dont like apps collecting info. Bodybuilding forums has a decent mobile theme but it lacks the ability to subscribe to threads you havent posted in. I have to load up the original theme, subscribe, then go back to the mobile theme.

I hope we do have more than 25-30 active ADers.. 30 people would be not worth the time from a developer standpoint, many would prefer to have at least 50 to 100 minimum. Otherwise it just makes more sense to go with whatever is the cheapest or hassle free alternative.

it is sometimes on mobiles difficult on on theme on AD quality blurred. cause on, I tried to post. cause on also tablet and both cellphone I have tried to difficult to figure out on see on want to more. Alldeaf clean is very better improve? suggest feedback would be improve on theme or option which on better!

I hope we do have more than 25-30 active ADers.. 30 people would be not worth the time from a developer standpoint, many would prefer to have at least 50 to 100 minimum. Otherwise it just makes more sense to go with whatever is the cheapest or hassle free alternative.

Can you look at some logs to see how many are active?

Perhaps you might get more active users if a user-friendly phone version was available...

Wirelessly posted

I thought , this site already has a mobile version? I use AD mobile here.

Can you look at some logs to see how many are active?

Perhaps you might get more active users if a user-friendly phone version was available...

It would be helpful to see it from that perspective, but mods don't have any privilege to server/admin side sensitive information. The best we can do is observe a thread and its posts.

I do agree that one of the drawbacks is not having a dedicated mobile app makes it all more likely for people to spend less time on AD since they have handheld devices and ditch the computer.

Wirelessly posted

Yep.. We are talking about a dedicated app so you don't have to open up your safari/browser. You will be able to reply from pressing a button and using the text box. Something that looks more like this:

Forum-Runner-vBulletin-phpBB-and-XenForo-Forum-Reader1.jpg
mzl.jkcjfflz.320x480-75.jpg
Agk3yHzQ3RwTk_s-cPFcp_fqEIQc0tdrf_KcsW6tk-wAON6oQCFbc0bwawrGgRWBlvk=h310

Wirelessly posted

naisho said:
Wirelessly posted

Yep.. We are talking about a dedicated app so you don't have to open up your safari/browser. You will be able to reply from pressing a button and using the text box. Something that looks more like this:

Forum-Runner-vBulletin-phpBB-and-XenForo-Forum-Reader1.jpg
mzl.jkcjfflz.320x480-75.jpg
Agk3yHzQ3RwTk_s-cPFcp_fqEIQc0tdrf_KcsW6tk-wAON6oQCFbc0bwawrGgRWBlvk=h310

Yes, those apps look really neat. With this mobile AD I can't press "like" on a reply nor see the likes I receive only if I open w Safari.

I use an iPad and I quite like it. It's easier to navigate, and I know I would have having to get an app or deal with a mobile website. For some reason, I don't quite like those. Just have to relearn the controls and buttons again, lol.

Back