Do you have two videophones at your home?

Supermancag99

Reaction score
I wonder about how many people do you have videophones in your home?

I do have two videophones, I can't names what kinda of I have, reasons but an hint as you gets.

One is for private business as cpu tech to help deaf people to solve the computer problems. another is normal as like your vp do.

first vp is in living room..w/ two tvs, can recording by vcr or dvd either.
2 nd is in my office, sometimes my guest needs use the vp.. use in the living room, while I m using my vp in my office at the same time.

How you can get two videophones and running at the same time, simple answers are..

Get two IP addresses, and increases the internet speed up.. or.. get a business internet (more $$$) but.. can stay same speed as example as of... 256 K on both vp.. without loss of traffic, if you use the normal cable internet as such as cox, etc.. can affect your two vps speed go down...) thats story.

Some Cable, ISP, etc will ask you, why and reasons? I told them... I want a private IP address for my videophone, and other is normal for guest, and uses purpose.

addition IP address vary of prices.. from 3.99 to 9.99 a per month.

Once you set up and simple to add IP addresses on wireless router, any routers, some cable modems needs to restart, and make sure two ip addresses are there.

Chris

very good BUT, clarification needs to be done.

It is called "PUBLIC IP" addresses, that is different than private IP address, like 192.168.x.x.

ISP asking why? Most of the time not true. The answer from them usually would be "I never heard of it" Understanding that most of the time ISP tech support that you called is really level 1, they have limited knowledge and usually follows the scripts, if the answer is not in their script, they will respond, I never heard of it. You may need to escalated to level 2 tech support where they usually know what you are talking about.

Not every ISP offers multiple Public IP addresses. Mine limit is 2 extra.

The price range is correct.

DHB

Some Cable, ISP, etc will ask you, why and reasons? I told them... I want a private IP address for my videophone, and other is normal for guest, and uses purpose.

addition IP address vary of prices.. from 3.99 to 9.99 a per month.

Chris

very good BUT, clarification needs to be done.

It is called "PUBLIC IP" addresses, that is different than private IP address, like 192.168.x.x.

ISP asking why? Most of the time not true. The answer from them usually would be "I never heard of it" Understanding that most of the time ISP tech support that you called is really level 1, they have limited knowledge and usually follows the scripts, if the answer is not in their script, they will respond, I never heard of it. You may need to escalated to level 2 tech support where they usually know what you are talking about.

Not every ISP offers multiple Public IP addresses. Mine limit is 2 extra.

The price range is correct.

DHB

yea I could have say "Public IP Address" or "Static IP Address" either...Yea most of ISP Tech ..they're level 1.. I said, Ugh, I wanna to talk to Expert, or Advance Tech... LOL, thats what I did to them.

My friend have three!! So... I will see him next week and asking him that how do that?

Will post it later :D

My friend have three!! So... I will see him next week and asking him that how do that?

Will post it later :D

Damn... thats crazy, if that a fact, then put a company 's ISP name...

If not, then possible to get two modems... lol

Damn... thats crazy, if that a fact, then put a company 's ISP name...

If not, then possible to get two modems... lol

:D will post update after I see him next week ok smile :)

two videophones and one webcam...

if you have two or more IP WAM, you need Hub switch but not router becuase Router is only one IP wam

if you want two VP and other more computer
Cable --> hub

Hub port#1 --> Router
Hub port#2 --> VP

Router port#1 --> VP
Router port#2 --> computer
Router port#3 --> other etc...

under COX it's called Computer Access or Multiple Computer Access

Multiple Computer Access

Multiple Computer Access means that you can hook up more than one computer to a single cable modem. This is done by setting up a simple Local Area Network (LAN). Use this page to enable your modem to give access to additional computers. Remember that Internet access for one (1) computer is included in your service and that adding another will mean an additional monthly charge.

Your cable modem is listed below. Computers Allowed tells you how many computers will be allowed to gain Internet access through a modem.

To add an additional computer to a modem, click 'Add Computer' below. You will be asked to confirm before the computer is added to your account.

==============

So for Cox, max is 3 computers allowed (meaning 3 dynamic ip address)

Yes, I know but must buy HUB but not Router

my friend live Ohio, he have 3 WAN IP are, no charge
WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone - Illinois | Indiana | Michigan | Ohio

Why Cox have some free high speed 7mb with PowerBoost about up to 30mb than WOW
e-mail 2GB than WOW 7mb
e-mail total up to 7 than WOW up to 5
but
WOW 3 WAN IP than Cox 1 IP Address

I wish Cox free 3 IP WAN

under COX it's called Computer Access or Multiple Computer Access

Multiple Computer Access

Multiple Computer Access means that you can hook up more than one computer to a single cable modem. This is done by setting up a simple Local Area Network (LAN). Use this page to enable your modem to give access to additional computers. Remember that Internet access for one (1) computer is included in your service and that adding another will mean an additional monthly charge.

Your cable modem is listed below. Computers Allowed tells you how many computers will be allowed to gain Internet access through a modem.

To add an additional computer to a modem, click 'Add Computer' below. You will be asked to confirm before the computer is added to your account.

==============

So for Cox, max is 3 computers allowed (meaning 3 dynamic ip address)

you know Phone Public is one line, I have three TDD same time

I would like if I have 2 or more VP same time for each WAN IP
if ring to same VP, any idea? I know VP can't same time must one WAN IP each,

I don't want 2 or more number (exp: (xxx)-xxx-xxx1, (xxx)-xxx-xxx2 etc...) I want one number alone same time VP same as phone/tdd

3 VPs and three webcams here

I save one VP in case of any broken VP. One of the webcams is so old and I am planning to throw it away. One webcam is for my laptop. I have used it at hotel room and airport to chat with my friends thru IMs. :) The final webcam is hooked up with my PC.

Back