Do you feel or think that CI ruin.......?

Do you feel or think that CI ruin the Deaf culture?

• Yes

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 42 56.0%
  • Netural

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • No opinion

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters
My point is that hearing people make what we use everyday like bed alarms, closed captioning, and provide us with interpreters.
Thanks for the clearification. Do you belive that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Thanks for the clearification. Do you belive that is a good thing or a bad thing.

It's a good thing because if it wasn't for hearing people, we wouldn't have CI, and HA's, closed captioning, and bed alarms. We wouldn't be able to understand films, televisions and be on time for school/work.

It's a good thing because if it wasn't for hearing people, we wouldn't have CI, and HA's, closed captioning, and bed alarms. We wouldn't be able to understand films, televisions and be on time for school/work.
Understood and thanks. I agree and I also believe that all of those points are benefits to the deaf culture. I really don't think that CI's will wipe out deaf culture just as HA's didn't wipe out deaf culture. However, I also think that regardless of success with a CI, deaf people should still learn to communicate with other deafies using sign language and embrace their deafness and learn about and be part of the culture.

Back