Disgust

MClark05

Reaction score
Why does it happen that you post something and you get all excited about it then somebody goes and posts their party right under yours?! I feel like some ppl have no balls to post that themselves in their own thread. I know this is a chat but when you want to post about your own little event then you shoudl do it on ur own not under soething that somebodys tryint o set up? I guess i am going overboard with this. :whip:

I'm not quite following you here, can you please give us a few examples by posting what thread you're talking about here without naming a member here, so that way we all can understand what you're coming from on this....I'm not here 24/7 days, and there may be some threads I haven't looked in yet, it would be a great help if you had explain a bit more clearly on what you're trying to say... :)

Hi, McClark and welcome to this sometimes Moronic Paradise (lol...J/K...no hate mail, please, lol); I think I know what your'e getting at but could you please give me some specific examples? Enjoy your day.

lol.. one of my friends set up a ad for a huge halloween party and then somebody told him he forgot 2 things that he had put down and then all of a sudden told everybody about HERS and i just got a bit ticked off beause i thought that was idiotically rude!

moronic paradise, that's cute.. (not sure i spelled it right lol)

I get what you're getting at

For I am the owner of that thread and some girl posted to me about the venue and time of the party and then wrote about her party and if anyone interested in california blah blah blah, i consider that's rude to put it under my thread which is about Dallas/Fort Worth Halloween Party, not California party or whatever. She has no balls to make her own thread about her own party. Oh well, i already contacted Administrator Alex and hopefully he'll respond my private msg.

Interesting -- that's a first someone's objected to this. Gee.. okay. I won't do that again. It's happened in the past and hadn't seen anyone complain about it. *shrugs*

I read that thread and it did seem like it was pretty :topic: I hope that your event goes very well for you!!! :angel:

Whether it was an intentional or accidental OT post in AmazingChrist' thread, PMland should have been used to express concerns instead of airing grievances & embarrass an ADer.

Really, MClark05 & AmazingChrist, there is no need to make a mountain out of a molehill. If I may point it out, it isn't the Christian way to do so... using profanity such as..

She has no balls to make her own thread about her own party.

Especially when you claim be a DeafTeen Quest Leader.

I was expressing concern.. Then people asked me which post it was. Of course it seems like a little thing but when you're trying to advertise something, its pretty offensive to try to leech off somebody else and advertise your party off theirs..

The whole mountain out of a molehole point taken. I do have the right to express concern and be upset about something somebody says.

Its not like i asked for people to agree with me or disagree with me. I'm sure if you were trying your hardest to post something and share with people and somebody leeched off of you, youd be upset

Cheers

R3na3Blyth3 said:
Interesting -- that's a first someone's objected to this. Gee.. okay. I won't do that again. It's happened in the past and hadn't seen anyone complain about it. *shrugs*

:sure:

Whatever

Cookie Monster said:
Whether it was an intentional or accidental OT post in AmazingChrist' thread, PMland should have been used to express concerns instead of airing grievances & embarrass an ADer.

Really, MClark05 & AmazingChrist, there is no need to make a mountain out of a molehill. If I may point it out, it isn't the Christian way to do so... using profanity such as..

Especially when you claim be a DeafTeen Quest Leader.

OHH btw.. i'm not christian so when you're talking to somebody that says they are and somebody that never once indicated that they were, please refrain from assuming.
Thanks

MClark05 said:
I'm sure if you were trying your hardest to post something and share with people and somebody leeched off of you, youd be upset
Cheers

I wouldn't. I won't mind if someone else advertised a party or event in a thread that wasn't created for that specific one. Doesn't bother me at all. Everyone has their own opinions, but it would be greatly appreciated if it was said nicely, no need for mud-slinging anyone for posting another event within a different thread. If the original thread starter objects, they can say nicely to please not put it in theirs. So far, I haven't seen any other complaints, yours was the first - maybe there were, but I didn't see them.
In my previous post, it wasn't said in a malicious way.

Okay, first of all, it was in direct violation of AD rules to post ADVERTISEMENT regarding a party which is charging for "personal gain" ("$20 dollars now, after the 22nd, its 30 dollars"). Forum Rules state: http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=95
2.) NO SPAMMING. Members may not use the forums (PM, signature, etc.) to solicit users for private, public or commercial gain. This also includes advertising other forums of the same nature.

Second, I don't see how this could possibly be a conflict of interest since the venue for the party indicated DFW and the party R3na3Blyth3 mentioned is in Santa Rosa, California. Nor do I find her comment to be off topic, she made a direct connection on the Halloween party theme. AD is a bulletin board forum designed specifically for interaction among members. http://alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=287
This forum is open to anyone with questions, comments, advice, or simply an interest in the Deaf Community and other deaf-related issues.
So, if you aren't looking for feedback, this probably isn't the best place to post in the first place.

Back