Disappointment in the ComPilot now :(

NaidaUP

Reaction score
Thought I would try and phone my dad in town as it busy and a lot of background noise.

Tried on the bus and as soon as the phone program set in, it sounded like my HAs microphones increased as well as the sound from the ComPilot. This then meant, altho I could hear my dad, there was too much background noise to fully understand my dad. Tried when off the bus and altho it was better, there was still too much background noise for my liking.

I know Audi decreased HAs microphones down my 7db but still feel way louder then my automatic volume on the background noise.

I'm hoping Audi can decrease HAs microphones to the same level as my automatic volume so I only get the ComPilot volume louder.

In the house, it's great but then I've always had trouble hearing in noise where I can hear people but it's just noise and I can't work out what they are saying.

Hope my Audi doesn't feel like I'm awkward. I think from what I read, power users are more difficult to fit and take more time?!

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

I'd have them pull the mic waayyy down (or mute).

Phones are hard enough for us without trying to sort out background noise (that isn't relevant anyway).

Think about it - when my tcoil is turned on (for the phone) the mic is muted ... Why should it be different for the compilot?

I'm just think I may end up shouting coz I can't hear myself speak?

When I used t coil with my Phonak Superfronts aids, it was muted and I liked it like that.
I don't used the t coil with my Naidas as I find it pants.

I may reduce the mics a lot but not mute them and then if I'm still having trouble then I will mute them. :)

Good luck with your ComPilot. Hearing a phone on a bus is very challenging, even my husband who is hearing has problems with this. Hopefully your Audi will make adjustments which will help.

Thats what my Dad said, maybe Im after too much really.

I think we may have an advantage over hearing people where we can mute out HAs mics.

:lol:

This is one of my only vices with my hearing aids...they wouldn't be as horrible if the background noise wasn't so effing annoying and made it so I don't hear shit

This is one of my only vices with my hearing aids...they wouldn't be as horrible if the background noise wasn't so effing annoying and made it so I don't hear shit

I personally find the Naidas way better then the Superfronts but still not the best. Maybe the next Phonak aid for profound users will be better?!

I tried the Naidias. Bluetooth was supreme. Thing is they were not very good at reducing noise when not using bluetooth. Nitro is much better at reducing noise, but blue tooth does not work very well. I don't use bluetooth that much so went with the Nitros. Remember that you can get feedback from whom you call if they are in a noisy place. My Naidias did that one time.

AliciaM said:

Yeah, half the time I end up just taking my HA out because if there's background noise it's useless and even more frustrating.

Yeah, half the time I end up just taking my HA out because if there's background noise it's useless and even more frustrating.

Aside from bluetooth, {which doesn't work so good}, I live in a world with almost no background noise with the Nitros.

Aside from bluetooth, {which doesn't work so good}, I live in a world with almost no background noise with the Nitros.

Do you find you have very little background noise all the time?

My Audi has managed to crack my Naidas with noise. I can now hear in noise. I found out that the speech in noise setting lowers mechanic sounds like fires. Audi said it won't reduce other speech if you are in a noisy cafe. He changed a few bits in the fine tuning section and oh my word, my Naidas are great now.

Back