Digital Hearing Aids

KweenSasha

Reaction score
I have heard of digital hearing aids for few years now. A new tech and everything good. Does anyone where them? How is it different from the orginal ones? I am looking forward to a new pair next month....
Alot of money shedding outta ma pocket just for 'em lol.

I have digital aids. I think they are better with knowing direction of sound, unless it is just my imagination because I want to think so.:)

I used to wear digital hearing aids (Oticon DigiFocus II super power BTEs). In comparing them to analogs, the digitals had clearer sound quality which made it so much easier to hear environmental sounds. However, when it came to speech, sound was weak and distorted. To be fair, I had an audi at the time who (I don't think) knew how to correctly program my aids. I also think my negative experiences with digitals had to do with the fact that I wore analogs for 9 years prior. Additionally, I wore digital aids when they first came out (mid 90s), so I'm sure they have improved significantly since then.

I haven't seen what the hype is all about with the digital ones. I wear an analog in one year, and a digital in the other. I had gone about 3 years with only wearing just the analog one, so when I got the second (digital) one and was wearing 2 hearing aids again, I had kind of expected more -- more volume, more flash or whatever -- and I didn't get that. All that I have noticed is that speech and sounds seem more balanced when I wear two ha's versus one. But I don't think that is a digital vs. analog issue. Just my 2 cents.

I wore one analog aid for 17.5 years till august 2006 .then have switched to two digitals ,after six or seven months ,I have been comfortable with two digitals. Digitals rock

I had Phonak Analouge until 2000, Digital (widex senso, Brilliant) until 2007 then new digital (Siemens),not good enough, changed to Oticon still can't hear well as Widex, Tried phonak digital aswell still not good. Now have Untrion analouge, it's better than what i had tried but not good as Widex, In my right ear I have now got CI, I sometime use the untrion in my left ear.

I've worn analogs as a kid up until early 2000 when I got my first digital. I haven't looked back since then, have been happy with the digital. I feel things sound more clearer, and I like that I can quiet the background noise somewhat (although I still have trouble understanding people right next to me in noisy situations). I currently have Phonak's Supero 413 AZ digital and have been real happy with it. Have tried Phonak's Naida but didn't feel like it was working for me, there was no new/extra benefits with the Naida than with the Supero, so why pay $1500+ for a new hearing aid if it doesn't benefit me more than the old? No, I'll just stick with the Supero (and try to get back on the CI track again for the left ear).

I have two digital hearing aids I'm not that crazy about them.

I haven't seen what the hype is all about with the digital ones. I wear an analog in one year, and a digital in the other. I had gone about 3 years with only wearing just the analog one, so when I got the second (digital) one and was wearing 2 hearing aids again, I had kind of expected more -- more volume, more flash or whatever -- and I didn't get that. All that I have noticed is that speech and sounds seem more balanced when I wear two ha's versus one. But I don't think that is a digital vs. analog issue. Just my 2 cents
Ditto! I think the analog vs. digital is kind of a hit or miss thing. The good idea is to experiment and see what works well for YOU!

I have digital aids and I can't stand them. They are so uncomfortable and the speech quality leaves something to be desired.

I have 2 of digital hearing aids of Oticon and it turned it out no good. When I got brand new digital hearing aids Oticon last year Sept 2007 and it was great to hear the sound till in about 6 or 7 months later turned it out no good cuz of the sound went garbling up and down the sounds so I told audiology about it the plm digital hearing aids and she fixed it then it was fine now then later about a month or 2 months again got plm the sound in digital hearing aids and it got me PISSED OFF! lol I went to audiology about 7 or 8 times or more cuz got plm till the lady said might get brand new in the fall Sept 2009 will change to Untrion digital hearing aids. I was told my old untrion hearing aids was fine but it old and the sound already died!! that why it changed new digital hearing aids so now it turned it out no good :( .. Cant wait in the fall 2009 replace new Untrion digital hearing aids. Right now my digital hearing aids Oticon still the plm the sound went off and on :(. I dont like Oticon. Some people like Oticon or Phonak or Untrion or else there are different people who like different names of hearing aids :)

Back