Digital Camera question

sequoias

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Fuji Film JZ300 camera and the zoom control switch doesn't work very well. How much do you think it costs to get it repaired? Is it worth to repair it? I hate when that happens before I go visit California on Tuesday.

I think that repair cost is 45 to 80 plus sales tax and shipping cost. How old is your camera? if not worth to pay for repair cost, you may buy new camera

I think that repair cost is 45 to 80 plus sales tax and shipping cost. How old is your camera? if not worth to pay for repair cost, you may buy new camera

How do you know that it costs that much? It's a little over a year old. It was $200 brand new.

How do you know that it costs that much? It's a little over a year old. It was $200 brand new.

The parts cost a lot of money , that is how the companies made a lot of their money! They rob you shamelessly !

When DSLR now so cheap (300-500) I would think not repair small point and shoot. DSLR give you freedom change lens!

You may try to camera shop nearly for repairing your camera. ask for estimate. Look for yellow pages to find this camera.

Problem is you may not get camera repaired in time for your trip. It can take up to a week to get it repaired. Can you live without the zoom for now? As long as you can still take pictures. That better than nothing and then get it repaired after your trip. Contact them when you finish trip on their website under Support. Explain to them what happen and also make sure you still have receipt of your purchase. They may work with you on getting it fixed. Never hurts to ask. Sometimes they be willing to help you out. Depends on the company.

Have fun on your trip. :)

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Chevy57 thanks for the link. Its 42 to fix my camera. I will check local shops to compare.

My Sony DSC-P200 Digital Camera is 11 years old. It have not broken yet. whew...

images

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Long time there.

Did you find a place to fix your camera eh? Bet ya counting your day to go CA *I am jealous*

Did you find a place to fix your camera eh? Bet ya counting your day to go CA *I am jealous*

Chevy57 did give me a link for online repair shop but I will look for a local shop to get it fixed, if I find a good deal after I get back from California. I don't have much of a choice.

Ha, zoom control switch problem? Sound like it needs resoldering, or clean button rubber from inside, or bend the button's wire. It should take me around 20 minutes.

Use binocular to zoom your camera. put len of your camera to Binocular rear len. I've tried that on camera to get very close view of ship on ocean from shore. It's hassle to hold both and align them to center of len.

:lol:

Catty

Back