Difficulty Removing Molds

parkourtraveler

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here so I'm not exactly sure where to put this thread, so sorry if I got it wrong. :shock:

Anyway, I'm trying to take my ear molds off of my Opticon Safari 600's to clean and I'm having problems removing it. I don't want to be too rough with it, they're so fragile looking and I can't afford to replace these things for a bonehead yank-and-pull. Anyone know of a method for easy removal?

For me personally, I don't pull until they come apart as I feel like they are going to break. What I do, is put my finger and thumb at the top of the tubing, and so pull down gently until they come off the ear hooks.

I've been trying that for a bit to little avail. Feels like the darn things are superglued on to the hook. Can't even get them to nudge down a little, it seems.

I find it more difficult when the tube is newer. I find I have to pull hard but as I do a bit at a time, I never feel like they are going to break.

Maybe someone will come along with another idea but I've only ever done it the way I've explained it.

Yeah, I have experienced similar with new molds being hard to take off. There shouldn't be any glue on it unless it was intentional.
Other than grip the tip and try to pull down, you can try a twisting-yank method. Also a plastic zip tie or a plastic tool that lets you define the grip, put it above the tip of the mold tubing, then apply the force from that to pull it off.
Don't use metal tools because of obvious reasons.

If all else fails go to the audiologist's office.

Be sure to grip the elbow out from the hearing aid as it is easy to break it you are putting pressure where the elbow connects to the aid.

Then with thumb and forefinger on the tubing, twist it clockwise or counter clockwise, and it will work free. Pulling straight down isn't usually going to work.

Be sure to grip the elbow out from the hearing aid as it is easy to break it you are putting pressure where the elbow connects to the aid.

Then with thumb and forefinger on the tubing, twist it clockwise or counter clockwise, and it will work free. Pulling straight down isn't usually going to work.

I've just tried the twist way and its actually a lot easier. I've worn aids all my life and I've never twisted the tubing off, lol. :ty:

I have that hearing aid so I just take things easy, twist it until the tubing part comes off then I can pull the earmold off :)

I have that hearing aid so I just take things easy, twist it until the tubing part comes off then I can pull the earmold off :)

I'm not sure what the heck is up with mine. I've been trying all afternoon with advice from this thread, with no avail. Darn things haven't even so slightly lowered. My fingers are all red and sore, even my mother tried and couldn't get it off.

I can't get my tubes off the ear hooks of my Phonak Naidas. I hope I remember to ask my Audi when I see her in a few weeks for advice.

I'm not sure what the heck is up with mine. I've been trying all afternoon with advice from this thread, with no avail. Darn things haven't even so slightly lowered. My fingers are all red and sore, even my mother tried and couldn't get it off.

If they are not budging even one tiny bit, it almost seems to me like they are superglued on. Do you know if your audi did this? (They shouldn't have been.)

Hi, I'm new here so I'm not exactly sure where to put this thread, so sorry if I got it wrong. :shock:

Anyway, I'm trying to take my ear molds off of my Opticon Safari 600's to clean and I'm having problems removing it. I don't want to be too rough with it, they're so fragile looking and I can't afford to replace these things for a bonehead yank-and-pull. Anyone know of a method for easy removal?

Did you get a small booket with your HA , it should show how to remove the molds .

If they are not budging even one tiny bit, it almost seems to me like they are superglued on. Do you know if your audi did this? (They shouldn't have been.)

I don't think she did. I've taken them off before once since I got them in the summer. I don't see anything like glue in the tube. It's a pain to get off but I don't recall it taking this much effort. My fingertips are sore and raw just trying to get one off, and never could.

Did you get a small booket with your HA , it should show how to remove the molds .

Only in the tips for cleaning, says "remove ear molds" yaddayadda, as if it's so simple. Tried for hours and gave up with sore fingertips. That sucker has the jaws of life on it.

Could it be that your tubes are old? I couldn't get my tubes off the ear hooks when they got old and the audiologist had to cut them off.

use a blow dryer to warm the tubes a bit, they will soften up and should let loose of the hooks with a slight twist, cover the aid so you dont get it heated, dont get it hot, just warm enough to soften up.

If you've had it since summer yeah the tube is probably too dried up! I got mine in June and it's very dry, needs to be replaced ASAP! Much harder to get them off when they're all dried out!

Been there, done that for years, using these has always gotten the job done, but you have to be careful not to crush the hook.

08793-03-L.jpg

Back