Did you & your kids ever move where hearing kids had never played with a deaf child?

sherri

Reaction score
Have any of you ever moved when your children were around 10 yrs old? Did they play :tears: with hearing children that have never meet a deaf person before? How did the hearing kids treat your child? Were they maen to them? Did they play 'tricks 'on them?

Aw Sherri :hug: I suppose that means it happened to your deaf child am I right?...

I don't have a deaf child, all my three boys are hearing, but yes some do tease my boys cause their mother is deaf....

What happened Sherri, May I ask?...

Hmm.. My mom made me to play with a little girl who was same age as mine, she had severe celebral palsy (sp)? she had no friends, my mom felt sorry for her, even I'm deaf so I ended up playing with her for a yr or two then stopped because they had to move closer to hospital because the girl spent so much time in the hospital - too many surgeries and health reasons.

My mom made the neighbor kids' parents in our neighborhood to be aware there is a deaf child, she made the parents by encourgaging to explain to their children, have them come over your house or over their house, i had no problem playing with hearing kids because they were already aware of it. maybe you can have neighborhood meeting to discuss this issue?

I have hearing sons who play with deaf children when we visit at Deaf Club, Deaf Festivals, etc. My sons have no problem to communicate with Deaf children because they can sign.

I remember when I was a little girl. My one year younger hearing sister don't mind to have me to play with her and her friends. Some of her friends like to learn how sign.

One girl, I grow up with during neighboorhood. I taught her how to sign. We still contact each other. We visit to see her and her family when I am in England.

Back