did quitting kill Amy Winehouse

netrox

Reaction score
Her family claims her quitting drinking caused her to have a fatal withdrawal symptoms.

Quitting Alcohol Killed Amy Winehouse, Family Sources Say - FoxNews.com

Of course, I wasn't there so I don't know if she actually quit and died as a result. But I am just SO disgusted with the comments showing their profound ignorance about withdrawal symptoms and the lack of compassion. It's real. I've seen it. It's life threatening if you have long term abuse. People have died from that.

OJ appears to be fleeing in a white bronco on the highway as we speak. Stay tuned, we have an eyewitnesses testimony here saying that she saw OJ drunk at their beach house last summer.
More news at ten.

Case is over.. move on.

Her family claims her quitting drinking caused her to have a fatal withdrawal symptoms.

Quitting Alcohol Killed Amy Winehouse, Family Sources Say - FoxNews.com

Of course, I wasn't there so I don't know if she actually quit and died as a result. But I am just SO disgusted with the comments showing their profound ignorance about withdrawal symptoms and the lack of compassion. It's real. I've seen it. It's life threatening if you have long term abuse. People have died from that.

I have not been following the story that closely, but I can tell you for a fact that withdrawal from alcohol can be very nasty. It can also be life threatening, so I would have to answer you with a YES. I also second you regarding your disgust. People who are addicted need our compassion and nothing short of it.

Same with smoking. My father was a very heavy smoker. Pipes, hand rolled cigarettes and cigars. He started smoking early in life (15 or so). He tried quitting and slowly cutting back. This was before they had these patches and stuff. He got cut way back and suffered a severe heart attack. Was hospitalized and then stabilized. He body had gotten so dependent of the tar and nicotine that the doctors told him that he needed to keep smoking or it would kill him. He was only to up his smoking a little. He went another 25 years before suffering a massive heart attack that killed him and it was not due to the smoking, but extreme worry and stress.

Yes, alcohol can have NASTY withdrawal effects. Remember John Daly?? Yeah, he's still alive and kicking (saw him a couple weeks ago). When he tried to quit cold turkey, he had severe withdrawal effects during a major golf tournament. He had severe shakes, heavy breathing, could barely walk.

As a former alcoholic myself - I can say the same. I remember being absolutely miserable for a week. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but at the time, I was serious about getting off the stuff. I just didn't realize that going cold turkey so fast after my body literally became dependent on it would be that bad. By the grace of God, I got through it and I've been off of it for the most part for the last 5 years.

Yes, alcohol withdrawals cause fatal seizures. Very important to get detox at rehab. They give you medicine to prevent seizures. You gotta be a very heavy drinker for a long time,not binge drinkin.

Back