Did chefs judge the way you cook ?

ProChef75

Reaction score
Are you tired of listening those words by chefs or people ?
They can't judge your passion of cooking, right ? I dont understand
why did they have to judge everything you do? I used to remember
my friends telling me a word in which is called
" You Can't Judge A Book by The Cover ", . I agreed with what they said.
In that case, if anyone telling about how you cook, you may say
You can't judge A Food by The Taste!. In many years, We've cooked meat
color. Everybody thought color was fine till somebody did some research.
That research by the USDA surprised almost everyone by showing that a pink burger can be perfectly done and a brown one not done. That is why people can judge whatever they like to tell you. No disrespect!

Well, if you work for Chef then follow his/her rules/description but at private (at home) is a different.

We all have to respect if the Health Department come to tell you to not do or do... It's about people's healthy.

It has nothing do with judgement.

The chefs will alway criticize the way we cook! They think they can do it better but I love it when they do taste my cooking and goes :ily: We just have to prove them wrong! It's the best way to earn respect!

The chefs will alway criticize the way we cook!

It's Chef's business, not your. He/She can tell you what to do because it's THEIR own business... If you don't like their "criticize" then you can set your own business .

They think they can do it better

I don't see any problem for that because it's their own taste... They have cookery degree and own experiences. Why you still work for him if you disagree with his taste of cooking?

but I love it when they do taste my cooking and goes :ily:

It's okay as long as your Chef permit you to cook with your own taste... but it's Chef's decision if he like your taste or not.

We just have to prove them wrong! It's the best way to earn respect!

Respectfully disagree. It's Chef's business and can decide what he wants, not you. You has to show your respect if Chef disagree with your taste and want you to cook to follow his description. If you don't like then set your own business if you think your taste of cooking is better than Chef.

Did I complain? No.

:confused: Did I say that you are complaint? No, I only made an example in general way. I thought you are open mind to share the view with disgree and agree. What´s this forum for? :confused:

Thanks for your nonsense comments.

You said this, not me. ;) I really have no idea why you are being offense by my simple post. I´m sorry if you don´t like to hear my POV on this.

Liebling.. Some chefs will eat at a friends house and judge their friend's cooking.. sometimes friends can take offense to the chef not liking their foods.

Everyone has their own preferences.. but sometimes people can take offense if a professional chef doesn't like their cooking. Everyone has their own tastes.

And SaikoBBGeek was talking about how some chefs will come to his home and try his food.. and love his food.. Not necessarily in Resturants. Some resturants allow chefs to take license with how they make foods.. every chef has his/her own variation on their foods. No chef makes the food the same way.

I'm not offended about what you said Liebling. I wasn't even talking to you but to others. Thanks for jumping in anyway.

:ty: Bearbeauty for understanding my points.

I do not approve their cooking as chef.. as long their own way taste and preferences.

Alike me! I'm Chef.
Tired of their mocking or other behavioral repluation.

Liebling.. Some chefs will eat at a friends house and judge their friend's cooking.. sometimes friends can take offense to the chef not liking their foods.

yeah, that's what I said in my first post...

Liebling's 1st post
Well, if you work for Chef then follow his/her rules/description but at private (at home) is a different.

Everyone has their own preferences.. but sometimes people can take offense if a professional chef doesn't like their cooking. Everyone has their own tastes.

Yeah, I notice that some people can take offense easily when Chef don't like their cooking taste when they cook at private. I aware that each person is different. To me, I do not take offense but like to hear chef's opinion on my cooking taste...

And SaikoBBGeek was talking about how some chefs will come to his home and try his food.. and love his food.. Not necessarily in Resturants. Some resturants allow chefs to take license with how they make foods.. every chef has his/her own variation on their foods. No chef makes the food the same way.

Yes I know but I only gave him an example... I can't see sense why he is panic over my harmless post... :roll: I already stated in my first post ....but at private (at home) is a different

I'm not offended about what you said Liebling. I wasn't even talking to you but to others. Thanks for jumping in anyway.

Yes, you are offended because you stated "Did I complain? No. Thanks for your nonsense comments".

Who is others? Only me and creator... :dunno:

Anyway, back to this topic.

I do not approve their cooking as chef.. as long their own way taste and preferences.

Alike me! I'm Chef.
Tired of their mocking or other behavioral repluation.

Oh yeah, I don't like if Chef judge me in rude manner way but it's different if Chef gave me some tips in friendly way what they think of my cooking taste.

I would love to have chefs come over to my home and tear my food apart so that I can learn how to cook better.

My bf and I are always constantly critiquing (not criticising, but giving critques) about our food that we cooked and try to think if it needs something to improve or not. Sometimes it is for better, sometimes we discover that it wasnt for better. It's all a part of a great experiment.

Personally, I love hearing people tell me if something's right or wrong with my food.. it helps me be a better cook..

What I don't understand are the people who take offense when someone may not like their food. You know?

Back