Dear Phonak: Things I Would Like To See...

Ooopppppsss..Sorry.

I didn't read correctly. You aren't German but have a German brochure.

If you would like to have a non-public discussion on the limitations of the technology and the advantages of the technology, please email me at verruecktone at gmail dot com.

C1

I think we are talking about two different things here. You appear to be talking about how they are designed, and I am talking about how they could be designed if the company decided that there was demand for that function. Sure, I know they are not designed to be able to take audio input, that's exactly what has got me annoyed, it seems a large oversight, and a clear statement that the reason to implant anything would be for improved looks, not improved function.

So if they designed the implant to carry audio data from the external source then it would carry audio data from an external source, presumably?

I understood the German, regardless of the fact I do not speak German!

Weird!

Sure, I know they are not designed to be able to take audio input, that's exactly what has got me annoyed, it seems a large oversight, and a clear statement that the reason to implant anything would be for improved looks, not improved function.

So if they designed the implant to carry audio data from the external source then it would carry audio data from an external source, presumably?

The first question you propose is a very interesting one. There have been buisness models based upon looks vs function. Just because that is the business of the prevailing companies at the moment, could a business model be made in the future that emphasizes performance be implimented?

If they are designed to accept the external audio data, then yes, the implants could handle them.

-C1

I noticed one of my wind weather protectors is missing on my phonak nadia IXs. I am calling my audiologist in the morning to get her to order some of them. I wished a few extra wind weather protectors came with the hearing aid or have them where you can order them on the web.

I know I have to be carefull with the aid until I get another wind weather protector...

that has happened to me a few times ...mine came with a few extra and i've changed it myself at home:)

i looked and didn't see any extras, I called my hearing aid dispenser to get me some, where can you buy them and have them shipped directly to you?

i looked and didn't see any extras, I called my hearing aid dispenser to get me some, where can you buy them and have them shipped directly to you?

My audiologist just gives me a little bag full of them.

well i guess because of cheerleading since I am flipping and hurling myself towards the ground at ridiculous speeds they are more inclined to come off lol

I play basketball 2 to 3 times a week...I don't do a lot of flipping and hurling but I jump around at very slow and moderate speeds lol

I can't believe after only one week my Phonak Inspiro FM System is broken it wont turne back on even though it has a full charge. Has anyone else had this problem with this device? I just think its a lot of money to pay for something that does not work right.

I can't believe after only one week my Phonak Inspiro FM System is broken it wont turne back on even though it has a full charge. Has anyone else had this problem with this device? I just think its a lot of money to pay for something that does not work right.

sounds like what my Smartlink did. Apparently if you look in the manual there is a 'reset'? Dunno if this applies to the Inspiro too. I still had to send mine in anyway though because the reset did not work.

*EQL*

PS - Don i PM'd you!

I need a remote control with my nadia IX's any recommendations on which one to get?

Phonak Smartlink and work phone

I have posted this earlier... still looking for what will work. I don't use my work phone much, but when I do I would love to take the call through my Smartlink, it works great for me with my cell... but my work phone has no audio jack, I have emailed Phonak... no reply :hmm:

I got a reply about a product in England... I have done searches... can't seem to find anything. I had heard Radio Shack had a device that was ment to plug into a recorder, to record a phone call, had an audio cable and I plugged into my Smartlink, I could hear through it... but there was way too much white noise along with it.

Thanks
:wave:

I never had a problem with my Inspiro FM system but I did have a problem with my left FM receiver which had appear to be a lil weak LOL but it didn't beep after I put it on (right receiver works Ok)
that started maybe sometimes around last week or something

you should be able to get a loaner
I get a loaner when I send it out for repairs

I never had a problem with my Inspiro FM system but I did have a problem with my left FM receiver which had appear to be a lil weak LOL but it didn't beep after I put it on (right receiver works Ok) that started maybe sometimes around last week or something

I have had the same problem, turned out it was the audio shoe that was at fault. Might be worth you trying them the other way round to see if this is the problem with yours.

I have had the same problem, turned out it was the audio shoe that was at fault. Might be worth you trying them the other way round to see if this is the problem with yours.

OMG maybe I can try that at school 2morrow
thanks so much :)

Ok,

I am trying to find a way for JennyB to get my email. I do not want to post my email address on a forum for all to see.

JennyB, you could ask your audiologist for my email...

Hi Peter,
Sorry to drag up an old thread, I was hoping for a way to PM you also but it looks like the board doesn't allow this for newbies. You can email me: spuddle (at) gmail.com

I have some questions about Phonak hearing aids (I wear phonak naidas). Specifically I am wondering if there are any developments or research being done into hearing aids that contain multiple drivers (like professional in-ear monitors). This would increase the fidelity of all sound being processed by the aid and would be surely the next step in the technology?

Back